Author Topic: J Kidd on the decline?  (Read 2623 times)

J Kidd on the decline?
« on: August 04, 2008, 03:27:02 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
With his performance as a Maverick and his reduced minutes on Team USA is it time to pass the baton to C. Paul and D. Williams. His inclusion was largely symbolic in my view. Is he able to carry team USA and/or the Mavericks at PG?

He joked about needing the rest. Hope he is able to go out gracefully.

Re: J Kidd on the decline?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:38:53 PM »

Offline mhbhaecceity09

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
In deference to Kidd's contributions to the game, I will preface my comments with the following: he is far from ideally suited for the international game as he lacks the shooting range or consistency to make zone defenses pay.  Benching him in favor of better shooting PGs under the circumstances thus seems to be a rather intuitive move on Coach K's part.

As for whether JKidd is "done" as in on the decline and now surpassed by CP3 and Deron Williams, I don't think there is any doubt.  Replace the question mark with an exclamation point!

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
I thought Kidd was great last year in the games. I've missed most of this years games so I can't say for sure if he's slipping or not. I think he's the Brett Farve of the nba; just in that he could be pg for as long as he wants. He doesn't have that Farve charm though.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 04:46:33 PM »

Offline bMunch

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 28
i think his worth is what you see here in episode 3 of nike's documentary on team usa: www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikebasketball/en_US/athletes/redemption?episode_name=episode_1

i.e., veteran leadership, coach on the floor type of stuff.

“Man, I come home putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball. It’s sad, man." -- Kevin Garnett

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Perhaps saying his role was "symbolic" is an overstatement or just bad word choice. I hope that he is able to embrace his role as a mentor to the younger players. His numbers were pretty good last year; however he seemed to be a liability defensively. Interested to see what kind of a contract he gets next year.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Mav's are gonna have to scrap to make the playoffs this year.  For me, the decline can't happen soon enough for the wife-beater.  Can't wait to see the league rid of him.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:24:06 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Yeah, I think he's finished.

He's going through a payton-esque decline.