Author Topic: did paul pierce say he faked the injury ?  (Read 5882 times)

Re: did paul pierce say he faked the injury ?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 09:42:38 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
That 'I am better than Kobe statement'was ridiculous and could come back to bite him, as he goes around the league.

How's it going to bite him, though?  It's not like other teams / players weren't trying against the Celtics already.
The fact is, Kobe lovers aside, Paul Pierce is better than Kobe Bryant this year. Paul willed, fought and led his team to an NBA title. Kobe fell short and he had an adequate supporting class to go with his nice stat sheet. Kobe just didnt get it done, it's that simple. No amount of excuses, stat quotations or what ifs will change that.

As stated by RH, the entire league will be gunning for the Celtics and PP anyway. We are the reigning NBA champions. That's just how it works, no matter which player thinks they are better.

(Maybe I am wrong but) I got the impression Paul was trying to be funny or sarcastic when he said he faked his injury. I do fully understand the "heard a pop and got scared" comment as well. I think that would be as scary as it could get for a guy that was leading his team through the NBA finals with victory in sight. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I watched that interview on "Best [dang] Sports Show"this past week,with John Sally,the Glove,C.Webber.All three of the retired NBA players were razing Paul about the wheelchair incident... as Neurotic Guy stated,he was more embarrassed about it than anything.The glove asked most of the  questions .Paul said"just like you got a script to go by(laughing),i have one to,but it was all in a joking context.He didn't sound sincere about it  being a fake injury.Not that it matters now,but i got that his injury was real,but the wheelchair was over the top,even in Pierce's eyes,It was unexpected,and not needed according to Paul.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
Why it could bite him? Fans. Especially LA fans and those in cities like Detroit, Washington , Cleveland.Other players too. Nobody likes a bigmouth. Paul has been thru some of this stuff before. Remember his games in Cleveland against LeBronne. Remember the Indy playoffs. Remember the USA BBall team. They don't want him back, do they. He also had friction with Ricky Davis. Anyways, anyone who says that he is the greatest is setting himself up to fall.Everybody hates the man who toots his own horn.

I am only saying that Pierce is feeling a little too much excitement this summer. Many are the powerful who have fell after getting to the top and becoming drunk on their own power. I hope he comes into camp ready and in shape. Next year should be even tougher to repeat. You know what. All I hear this summer is Paul Pierce movements. KG and Ray Allen hardly exist. Paul should be as quiet as they are.

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
in my opinion, LA was one allstar short. its absolutely an allstar competition nowadays: 3 to 2, we win.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
I watched that interview on "Best [dang] Sports Show"this past week,with John Sally,the Glove,C.Webber.All three of the retired NBA players were razing Paul about the wheelchair incident... as Neurotic Guy stated,he was more embarrassed about it than anything.The glove asked most of the  questions .Paul said"just like you got a script to go by(laughing),i have one to,but it was all in a joking context.He didn't sound sincere about it  being a fake injury.Not that it matters now,but i got that his injury was real,but the wheelchair was over the top,even in Pierce's eyes,It was unexpected,and not needed according to Paul.

The continuing existence of the Worst [dang] Sports Show Period is the biggest mystery of the universe that scientists cannot explain to us. John Salley is a complete cipher and that show is a total train wreck. I used to watch it in brief segments just to hear Tom Arnold tell lame jokes and then glance over anxiously to see if Salley would punch him in the face. Sadly, he never did.

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
lol, I read other teams forums a bit and for some strange reason they feel that if PP didn't really need the wheelchair that it would somehow take away the sting of defeat. Some weird transference thing going on...

He has been playing the wheelchair joke all along.  You did see the Conan O'Brien bit?