Author Topic: Sounds like Farve may take the money and run  (Read 3841 times)

Sounds like Farve may take the money and run
« on: August 01, 2008, 10:05:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just listening to sportscenter and the latest quotes from Farve sounds that he is leaning toward taking the 20 million and run.

I think Farve has been thinking that he doesn't want to go to a non-contending team and he doesn't want to learn a new offense.  Can't blame him for that. 

Re: Sounds like Farve may take the money and run
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Just listening to sportscenter and the latest quotes from Farve sounds that he is leaning toward taking the 20 million and run.
I think Farve has been thinking that he doesn't want to go to a non-contending team and he doesn't want to learn a new offense.  Can't blame him for that. 

Sad that this character-challenged selfish jerk is getting rewarded for his relentless posturing in any capacity.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
My guess is, the only team he'll come back to is the Vikings.  If Green Bay blocks that, he'll take his $20 million "services" contract, and be done with it.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 03:30:07 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
My guess is, the only team he'll come back to is the Vikings.  If Green Bay blocks that, he'll take his $20 million "services" contract, and be done with it.

if he does that, just in my personal opinion, thats a joke. considering how he's played into the "i only play for the love of the game!" coverage espn gives him, he takes the bribe because his ego would be hurt playing backup, then i don't want to hear how he's the one football player who does it all for the love of the game, and not the money, ever again.

If he really did belive that, he'd just stay retired rather than backup, not need to get payed.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
This is huge!  Thankfully, I don't have cable and so I don't watch ESPN.

Translation being - whoa, brett favre is talking about coming back?

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

if he does that, just in my personal opinion, thats a joke. considering how he's played into the "i only play for the love of the game!" coverage espn gives him, he takes the bribe because his ego would be hurt playing backup, then i don't want to hear how he's the one football player who does it all for the love of the game, and not the money, ever again.

If he really did belive that, he'd just stay retired rather than backup, not need to get payed.

Well, the Packers are already spinning that, saying the offer was being discussed even before the comeback big, etc.  I'm not sure how much I believe that.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 04:20:55 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I think Brett will take the money and go play Arena football.  Why not?  He'd put Arena football on the map.  

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 06:35:24 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Brett Farve left the money on the table to compete..for a starting job in Green Bay. Awesome. Just awesome.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 07:48:35 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
The mental image of his agent's reaction to that decision is delicious.

;D
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 09:45:42 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
At the end of the day, there aren't too many jobs available where you can make millions for forcing throws into double coverage at the wrong times....letting the media slobber all over you to the point where the Peter King's of the world start to lose credibility...and in general be the most overrated professional athlete of his generation.

No surprise he's coming back....and Green Bay would be wise to trade him immediately -- even if it's within their division.