Author Topic: Player expectations for 2008-2009  (Read 1394 times)

Player expectations for 2008-2009
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:51:43 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I thought this would be a good thread.  What are your expectations from certain celtics players for next year?  My biggest expectation is Rondo finding his jump shot and becoming more of a complete player.  Once he does that then the sky is the limit for this guy.  I'm also hoping Perkins can develop more of a scoring game. 

If these things happen we are a sure shot for back to back!

Re: Player expectations for 2008-2009
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:45:44 AM »

Offline moskqq

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Big Baby came to us with an excellent basketball IQ and fearless determination.  Aware that the NBA is a faster and more athletic game than college and recognizing the breakout year that Powe had, I have expectations that BB will surprise us even more.  For the 35th pick in the draft he has shown us more than Pruit and perhaps may continue to do so.

Pruit is facing a make or break year.  Being more suited to the SG position, last year presented a difficult transition for Gabe.  If he can become a Delonte "clone" he could become a useful piece for this franchise.

Management has high expectations for Tony Allen but he must learn to play within himself and let the game come to him rather than FORCE the action.  That does not mean that he should stop his penetration moves but rather that he recognize
 that all ventures into the paint are not productive.  He must remember that there are 4 other team players and that he is not an island unto itself.

I expect that our two rookies will experience the "shock" of playing against superior talent and hope that their adjustment keeps pace with their own game maturation. I don't see a big role for either player (unlike BB's expanded role as a rookie).

The biggest question mark is the 15th team addition.  In the interim I think we'll see O'Bryant early in the mix....but for how long?

Re: Player expectations for 2008-2009
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:48:04 AM »

Offline dcsceltics

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 5
Perkins- develop some post moves to be a threat underneath. continue to play defense and rebound.
Garnett- don't lose intensity now that we'e won a championship.
Pierce- same as KG.
RAllen- same as KG.
Rondo- keep working on shooting, be more mature and make better decisions by shooting layups when you are open.
TAllen- be the Tony that we saw before the knee injury. get confidence in the knee, score from the bench.
House- continue to hit open jumpers when you have the chance.
Powe- hustle for loose balls, grab offensive boards, and look to score more.
Davis- same as Powe.
O'Bryant- prove that you are a good player, grab rebounds, play defense, and hustle for playing time.
Scalabrine- hit open jumpers, get loose balls, be a factor and actually play this season.
Pruitt- develop into the teams backup Point Guard, become a player and factor.
Walker- DLeague and develop.
Giddens- same as Walker.