Author Topic: Sports Illustrated 2008 NBA Championship, Commemorative Issue  (Read 3561 times)

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Anybody else pick this up?  I got a copy in the mail last week from amazon.com.  It's pretty sweet.  They also have a hard cover copy for $29.99 i believe.  I framed my soft cover copy.  Here's the link if anybody is interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Illustrated-Championship-Commemorative-Issue/dp/B001BACTES/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

Re: Sports Illustrated 2008 NBA Championship, Commemorative Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »

Offline Celtix

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
My wife bought this for me as a gift a few weeks ago.  I got the cover signed by Big Baby when he came to my town on July 19th.  Now I need to get a frame for it.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 08:11:24 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
My wife bought this for me as a gift a few weeks ago.  I got the cover signed by Big Baby when he came to my town on July 19th.  Now I need to get a frame for it.  ;D

That's awsome!  It would be classic to have an autograph framed of big baby with the trophy!  This pic is just priceless.  It would definately go on my wall.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 08:22:38 AM »

Offline Celtix

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Big Baby was cool.  He signed my SI cover and then I gave him a pound.  On my way out I said "Make sure you get Posey's minutes next year."  He stopped signing the next person's object, looked up with a big grin and said, "I will!"  My two boys both got his autograph too.  It is their first professional athlete autograph.  I just wish I did not have to pay $25 per item that we got signed.  What happened to the days of free autographs ???

Here is a picture of my two boys waiting for Big Baby's autograph.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:32:06 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Big Baby was cool.  He signed my SI cover and then I gave him a pound.  On my way out I said "Make sure you get Posey's minutes next year."  He stopped signing the next person's object, looked up with a big grin and said, "I will!"  My two boys both got his autograph too.  It is their first professional athlete autograph.  I just wish I did not have to pay $25 per item that we got signed.  What happened to the days of free autographs ???

Here is a picture of my two boys waiting for Big Baby's autograph.

cool man thanks for sharing
tp for u

U have to add that pic to the Weight Watcher thread he  looks in great shape there
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:39:30 AM by Edgar »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:16:49 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
yes i did indeed buy it. i can't remember if it was that one or another magazine that theres an article that says ainge's number was promised to be retired by wyc if he brought home a championship as a gm?

Become Legendary.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
yes i did indeed buy it. i can't remember if it was that one or another magazine that theres an article that says ainge's number was promised to be retired by wyc if he brought home a championship as a gm?

I think you're referring to the article in S.I. that had K.G. & Russell on the cover with the trophy. 

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 02:29:19 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

I think you're referring to the article in S.I. that had K.G. & Russell on the cover with the trophy. 

yea thats the one.

Become Legendary.