Author Topic: Erden  (Read 12109 times)

Erden
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:42:21 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Our national team plays Turkey tomorrow at 8 AM. This may be a good opportunity for us to get a look at Erden, for what it's worth. The game will be on ESPN2.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

Re: Erden
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:44:15 PM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Any idea how much playing time Erden generally gets on the Turkish National Team?

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Our national team plays Turkey tomorrow at 8 AM. This may be a good opportunity for us to get a look at Erden, for what it's worth. The game will be on ESPN2.
Thanx, I am setting the DVR tonite. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:58:01 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Turkey isn't very good, which is kind of surprising considering the talent they have on that squad... Turkoglu, Okur, Ilyasova, Asik and our own Semhi Erden.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Any idea how much playing time Erden generally gets on the Turkish National Team?

Garbage time. He shall play more in a friendly game, I think.

Turkey is a terrible team. They were depressing in the Eurobasket with Okur, without him I can see a +50 point differential in tomorrow's game.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 12:33:52 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I will not be watching, but anyone who does.... please post commentary on Erden!
(and thanks in advance)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
im so psyched for this game its not even funny i got my Celtics Shorts on right now for Erden and my usa shirt for team usa this game might be more anticipated than the whole olympic games!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
hes got quite a bit of time hes in the starting lineup if hes good enough to be drafted by an nba team he should be in the sl even if its the last pick of the 2nd round and he was just as i expected.

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 08:58:13 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Halftime of the game. He started C and has gotten a bulk of the PT there. The announcers are raving about him....said we got a steal and that if he was in the U.S. he would have been a top 20 pick in this past draft. He definitely has ball handling skills. They've been running a lot of pick and pop (ala KG) with him. He has attempted to take it to the hole on a few occasions. Fouled on one and traveled on the other, but again...very good with the ball in his hands. Definitely could use to gain weight as his picks are very loose and easy to get by. Watching the first half against our best, I would say Danny came up big again. This kid WILL play for us in a few years!
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
From what I have seen from 2 quarters, even though according to the box score it says he only has 1 point and 1 rebound, he seems more active than that.  I thought he'd have more than 1 rebound, but hes def taken part of more boards.  He also showed some quick moves and one thing I liked, even though his shots werent going in, he wasnt afraid of taking them.  Besides that, it is what it is.  He got blocked twice I think, and had a carry.

Turkey was also keeping up until the 2nd quarter, when the USA D played tougher.  The game got away a little bit (54-37) but its not like the Canada game.  Now on to the 2nd half...

Oooh, and tomorrow is USA vs Lithuania.  That should be a good game, and since I work with a bunch of Lithuanians, we got a bet going.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 09:01:56 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I just watched the first half of this game. Here are some of my notes on Erden.

. He is a fluid big man, he has shown the ability to put the ball on the floor.

. It looks like he has a legitimate jump shot from within 15 feet. He even attempted a hook shot.

. He has not been as assertive as I would like to see, it looks like he may lose his focus.

. He hasn't been tough on the boards, looks like he can be somewhat soft.

. Seems like he knows how to play the game, and could be possible be a rotation player, however I do believe that he has reached he ceiling in terms of potential.

. Please take my assessment of Erden with a grain of salt, considering these judgments are based on one half against Americas best.

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:04:28 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
great, keep the updates coming!

I wonder if this will be on youtube sometime or available online somewhere
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 09:16:10 AM »

Offline RichT24

• Joe Mazzulla
He looked pretty good in the few minutes I saw this morning before leaving for work.

The game will be re-played tonight at 8PM EST on ESPN2 I believe.

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 09:51:37 AM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
Kungpowechicken, are you saying he is a soft Euro, is there such thing ?
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
He looked pretty good in the few minutes I saw this morning before leaving for work.

The game will be re-played tonight at 8PM EST on ESPN2 I believe.

ooooh, thanks for the heads up
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)