Author Topic: Trade with Miami Heat  (Read 7706 times)

Trade with Miami Heat
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:28:34 PM »

Offline bring BIG AL back

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
sign and trade with the miami heat:

Celtics receive:  Dorell Wright (restricted free agent) & Chris Quinn

Miaim receives:  Brian Scalabrine & Leon Powe or Gabe Pruit or BBD

Why Miami makes sense to trade with?  Because they are stacked at wing players/3's in Marion, Beaseley & James Jones and have holes at the back up PF/4 and PG/1 positions.  We have Powe or BBD at back up PF/4 and we need a solid Posey-ish presence that can play and defend 2-3 positions.

Why Miami may do it?  They are committed to Marion, the development of Beaseley and recent signed free agent James Jones.  They have no pg back up (marcus banks) and nobody to back up Haslim.

Why we should do it?   Dorell Wright is 6'"8", 22 years old and a beast.  He is athletic, long and can play defense.  He can spare minutes for PP and Ray Allen.  He can be our 6th man.  We would get rid of Scalabrine.

This would not register high on the trade richter scale but would make a huge impact to our bench.

Re: Trade with Miami Heat
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Nice thought.

Riley is known to be very high on Dorell. Not a proven defensive stopper; but would be an upgrade over wWalker or Scal.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:31:11 PM »

Offline The4Time2Doctor0

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 18
this is one of the best trades i've ever read on here. seriously.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:40:31 PM »

Offline bring BIG AL back

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
seems like a win-win for both teams and the salaries / #s i think work plus or minus some filler players.  dorell wright made $2,040,746 last year and scalabrine made $3,000,000.  dorell would be huge and we would still have either powe or BBD to back up KG.  would prefer to keep powe, but miami would rather have him than BBD.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 11:53:38 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
With the future uncertainty of Marion with the Heat being in the last year of his contract they may want to hold onto Wright for now.  Plus I see Beasley more of a PF than SF.  Also you have to wonder if they want any more PFs if they are going after Boozer hard next summer that has been rumored in the past although I don't know how that move would mesh having Beasley in the mold now.  My guess they wouldn't want the extra year of Scal's contract if their plan is to extend Marion's contract, go after Boozer, or another free agent as they would want as much cap space as possible.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:14:34 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
sign and trade with the miami heat:

Celtics receive:  Dorell Wright (restricted free agent) & Chris Quinn

Miaim receives:  Brian Scalabrine & Leon Powe or Gabe Pruit or BBD

Why Miami makes sense to trade with?  Because they are stacked at wing players/3's in Marion, Beaseley & James Jones and have holes at the back up PF/4 and PG/1 positions.  We have Powe or BBD at back up PF/4 and we need a solid Posey-ish presence that can play and defend 2-3 positions.

Why Miami may do it?  They are committed to Marion, the development of Beaseley and recent signed free agent James Jones.  They have no pg back up (marcus banks) and nobody to back up Haslim.

Why we should do it?   Dorell Wright is 6'"8", 22 years old and a beast.  He is athletic, long and can play defense.  He can spare minutes for PP and Ray Allen.  He can be our 6th man.  We would get rid of Scalabrine.

This would not register high on the trade richter scale but would make a huge impact to our bench.

dont they have mario chalmers? doesnt that fly in the face of the backup pg argument? in haslem, beasley and marion they have 3 guys that can play the 4. and they still like wright. they dont do this deal. theyre not a championship contender next year theres no reason to make this trade. no reason for us to either with tony back there. can a trade of gabe pruitt for chris quinn be described as anything but a lateral move at best?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 01:48:31 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Danny could just sign Dorrell Wright. It's doubtful the Heat match anything over his qualifying offer. Heck I'm surprised they made him a qualifying offer. All he's done over his first four years is fail to take those necessary "next steps".

I don't want him on the roster. If the C's sign another perimeter player he should be able to shoot the ball. Eddie House is the only guy off the bench who figures to be in the rotation who can make a jump shot right now.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 03:29:19 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
If we wanted a Dorrell Wright type player, we coulda just signed back Gerald Green & probably been better off by doing so! I think G.G. is far better than Wright is & younger.

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 08:39:21 AM »

Offline asterix

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
If we wanted a Dorrell Wright type player, we coulda just signed back Gerald Green & probably been better off by doing so! I think G.G. is far better than Wright is & younger.

Good point. Highflyers with low basketball IQ are not what we need.

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Wright has has plenty of opportunities to show he's going to be a break out player and hasn't done anything. Sort of like when everyone got hyped up on Darko thinking a change of scenery will make him become this all star. He is what he is. A below average roll player.

Powe is much better than D Wright. Wright and GGreen should still to dunk contests.

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Powe contributed to a title team.

Did Wright even get off the bench when the Heat went into tank mode? 

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:03:21 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Danny could just sign Dorrell Wright. It's doubtful the Heat match anything over his qualifying offer. Heck I'm surprised they made him a qualifying offer. All he's done over his first four years is fail to take those necessary "next steps".

I don't want him on the roster. If the C's sign another perimeter player he should be able to shoot the ball. Eddie House is the only guy off the bench who figures to be in the rotation who can make a jump shot right now.

Seconded.  Let's make a run at him first before we start giving away assets for him.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 09:07:38 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

I agree with your sentiments - but it is kind of hilarious that the same thing could have been said about Powe his rookie year.

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 09:10:32 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I agree with your sentiments - but it is kind of hilarious that the same thing could have been said about Powe his rookie year.

Difference is Powe was a rookie playing behind Jefferson, Gomes, and Perkins.

And he did get a run. 

By his second year, he was a contributor.  Wright is going into his 4th year?

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
By his [Powe] second year, he was a contributor.  Wright is going into his 4th year?
Fifth year ... Wright just finished his fourth season.