Author Topic: Artest to the Rockets  (Read 13867 times)

Re: Artest to the Rockets
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 10:03:09 AM »

Offline frosty33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Imagine if the rockets can stay healthy for a year now, sounds scary huh

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2008, 10:19:08 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Does this open up the possibility of McGrady to the Pistons? 

Doubt it, but IMO, it does open the possibility.

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2008, 10:34:24 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Count me amongst the naysayers. Artest has been a head case almost everywhere he has been. Starting over in Houston is probably not going to change anything.

I like Sacramento dumping his contract, but I feel sorry for any team that has to put up with Artest.

That said, if he can keep it together - GREAT move...

I don't think he will tho.

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't know how well McGrady and Artest will mesh together on the court. McGrady is no longer quick enough to guard the two guards of the league. And with Artest coming on board, McGrady will spend a decent amount of time guarding two guards. Essentially, Houston will be starting two small forwards at the wing positions. With Artest coming in I don't know where this leaves Battier. However, he would definitely be a force off the bench. 

If this team stays healthy I think they can be good. But I don't think the player personel equates to a legitimate championship contender.

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2008, 03:11:25 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
mcgrady doesn't play all that much defense anyways.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

The two keys for this team are health.  Their studs have a history of not staying healthy. 

Not to mention the fragile mental health of both Artest and Alston. Way too many things have to go right for this team to take the West IMO.

Low risk/ possible High reward trade for Houston though. What've they got to lose at this point?

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2008, 04:40:32 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Somebody as intense as Artest with somebody with a history of tanking like O'Grady should work out real well.   ;D  Mixed in with Alston and Francis? 

I feel bad for Yao having to deal with those four. 

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
With the addition of Artest, Houston should face less injury problems. Artest or Battier can slide to the 4 some and they can play small ball. Artest's defense and toughness will help too.

If I had to guess based on rosters right now, I think Houston is going to take the southwest division. Don't forget about Brent Barry playing some 1/2 off the bench. This is a scary deep team 1-4. Yao and Dike might need some insurance help though. Then, watch out!!

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2008, 08:49:25 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Is there any way this team inspires Francis to morph into his old self? This team would be even scarier with with Stevie's scoring punch off the bench. Barry, (old francis) Battier, and Mutombo would be a great bench.