Author Topic: Artest to the Rockets  (Read 13861 times)

Re: Artest to the Rockets
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 09:25:10 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Good move for Houston. There's a rumor going around now that they are going to send Battier and Alston to Denver for Iverson.

I wouldn't like that deal for them at all.  Iverson is exactly the type of player they *don't* need on that team.  That would be completely counter-productive.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 09:28:28 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Good move for Houston. There's a rumor going around now that they are going to send Battier and Alston to Denver for Iverson.

I don't think they have the assets to get Iverson anyways.  Alston & Battier aren't going to cut it alone.  They just dumped Johnson's almost $7 million dollar contract.  They don't really have any other huge deals to add with Alston/Battier to make the salaries match with AI.  They're certainly not going to let T-Mac go.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 09:30:05 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

I wouldn't like that deal for them at all.  Iverson is exactly the type of player they *don't* need on that team.  That would be completely counter-productive.

Agreed. They're better served with Alston. Morey is too smart to make that deal. BTW, I guess he learnt something with Ainge...

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:34 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
They are better off now, anyways. I think they are a contender out there in the west now.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 09:32:26 PM »

Offline Shaqzilla

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I hope the Rockets smash the Lakers next year!

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 09:33:00 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
If he was available, I would be going hard after Andre Miller.  He would be a great fit for this team.  In a vaccuum, you could trade Battier straight up for him, but they would likely need to involve a 3rd team, since the sixers aren't a great fit for Battier.

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »

Offline Shaqzilla

• Xavier Tillman
I hate Laker fans  >:(

Let's go Houston!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 09:36:16 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Do you guys think they can make it far in the playoffs? They a heckuva good defense with Battier and Artest.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 09:38:14 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
He'll only make a good defense team better. Steal for Houston.

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Houston will be tough next year, and I guarantee Artest will behave, after all he's teaming back up with Adelman who Artest has stated was fond of.

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »

Offline LuckyNumber07

• Neemias Queta
I'm a bit skeptical of this move. Rockets & Adleman hardly preach defense. Artest was most effective in Indiana where Carlisle at least attempted to institute a defensive system. Rick has no such plan.

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 09:47:21 PM »

Offline Hollywood

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
Its a win win for the rockets-and good for the NBA. But they aren't beating the lakers, spurs, or jazz, and probably can't beat the hornets or the suns either.

Funny thing is-after all those years of being over rated, I think T-mac is a little under rated now. But I hate Yao so I don't think this does much for Houston

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
If he was available, I would be going hard after Andre Miller.  He would be a great fit for this team.  In a vaccuum, you could trade Battier straight up for him, but they would likely need to involve a 3rd team, since the sixers aren't a great fit for Battier.

I wouldn't trade Battier for a player like Miller, unless I already had an extension worked out with Artest. But I'd never offer an extension to Artest, at least not until the end of season.

I'm a bit skeptical of this move. Rockets & Adleman hardly preach defense. Artest was most effective in Indiana where Carlisle at least attempted to institute a defensive system. Rick has no such plan.

8th best team in deff. efficiency last season. And 2nd in %FG allowed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:57:15 PM by cordobes »

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline Shaqzilla

• Xavier Tillman
Ron Artest's contract runs out this year. He is forced to cooperate this year if he wanna get paid!

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

The Rockets had the second most efficient defense in the NBA last season, were second in opponent's FG%, and had the fourth best defense in terms of points allowed.  They were a top-notch defensive squad already, and Artest only makes them better.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions