Author Topic: 15 Months is All???  (Read 1634 times)

15 Months is All???
« on: July 29, 2008, 03:44:18 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

I just thought this sentence was a little light.

Re: 15 Months is All???
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
 I thought the sentence was too stiff myself, 9 months would have been better for someone who 1st of all cooperated from day 1 without lying about the gambling. Plus he was willing to give names to others involved & the games in which he bet on. Without his cooperation they had absolutely no case but knowing that he was involved somehow. I think this sentence will send a bad message in the sense that people willing to cooperate & help the government will just keep quiet now! Being that Donaghy got the same amount of time as his friends did when all his buddies did was lye about everything & didnt help the case in any way & they was sentenced the very same 15 months! I dont feel bad for Donaghy but he got a raw deal for all he put in and made possible throughout this case. He wasnt the only Ref to act in this case, but yet it looks like he will take the fall for the entire debacle. Lastly im just happy Donaghy was caught & out of the way of Banner 17! Because I would have been sick still to this day if he & his ref's woulda stretched our series to 7 thinking we would finish the Lakers of easy in game 7, only to let Kobe explode for 50 or something in the final game & we lose because they had a hand in it to make the NBA more money for a game 7 rating. Thank goodness that didn't happen, Ref's woulda been in witness protection programs for awhile!