Author Topic: Kwame Brown to the Pistons  (Read 1978 times)

Kwame Brown to the Pistons
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
****....4 mil a year.

Kwame Brown is headed back to the Eastern Conference.

Brown's agent, Mark Bartlestein, told ESPN.com on Monday night that the former No. 1 pick in the 2001 draft has reached a verbal agreement on a new contract with the Detroit Pistons.

The contract is believed to be a two-year deal worth $8 million, with Brown -- who spent his first four seasons as a pro in Washington after being drafted by then-Wizards president Michael Jordan -- holding a player option to return to free agency after this season.

Brown earned nearly $9.1 million last season in the final year of his previous three-year deal, which the 26-year-old received in the summer of 2005 in a sign-and-trade from Washington to the Los Angeles Lakers. Brown's expiring salary was the chief chip that the Lakers used to convince the Memphis Grizzlies to send Pau Gasol to L.A. on Feb. 1 in a trade that earned the Grizzlies widespread criticism.

Brown played in only 15 games with the Grizzlies after the trade, averaging just 3.5 points and 3.8 rebounds in under 14 minutes per game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3508699

Re: Kwame Brown to the Pistons
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:26:08 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Wish I was a 7ft center with no skill or basketball IQ........ you could make a pretty good living that way

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
hmm... it's not like the pistons have clifford ray, so i'm not sure how much out of this signing they can get.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

Offline aliendave

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 15
Weird. I thought the Pistons would have spent their MLE on someone more sensible. Like a basketball player.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 08:50:37 AM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I just don't get it ? I thought that the Pistons were all about the development of Amir Johnson at the 4/5 ? By giving Brown 8 mil that points to Brown as the back up C ? So if Wallace or McDyess goes down is Kwame Brown a starter for a top Eastern COnfrence team? Better off getting Nenad Kristic for that money, atleast the guy can score.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach