Author Topic: Vujacic might go to Europe?  (Read 6072 times)

Re: Vujacic might go to Europe?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 08:54:12 PM »

Offline Barnabas

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 11
I thought the Lakers made an offer of 4mill per year, for four years.  Which is fair, I think.  In my opinion, Vujacic is better than anyone on the Celtics bench.  The Celtics could actually use someone like Vujacic.  Especially since we've lost Posey's 3-point shooting and his height.  With him, you get ballhandling, defense, height, passing ability, and 3-point shooting.  The Celtics bench have to get those from committee. 

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
I am actually bummed about this.  LA is a worse team with this guy in the rotation. 

My thoughts exactly. We're going to miss razzing him next year

He also burned us with quick 3's multiple times. Can't judge a guy on just 2 games against the best team in the NBA.

I live in LA and get stuck watching him play all year. Very streaky, no D, not the strongest attention span. Yes, he can shoot the 3 and gets hot from time to time, but not much of a game beyond that.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 09:09:01 PM »

Offline Shaqzilla

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Yep Sasha never plays defense. During the WCF every1 said Sasha was shutting down Ginobilli but Manu was injured. If Ray Allen and his 50 year old legs broke Sasha's ankles imagine what Manu coukld have done too him. Their are no room for soccer players on playoff teams.

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 09:10:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Sasha agreed to a deal with the Lakers for $15mil over 3 years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3505672

"We felt Sasha made great progress in this past year, and our coach showed great confidence in playing him the second half of the season," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said Friday in confirming the agreement, first reported by the Riverside Press-Enterprise. "Assuming he continues to work as hard during the offseason as he has in the past, I don't see any reason that trend wouldn't continue."

The 24-year-old Vujacic averaged a career-high 8.8 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 72 games this season, and 8.1 points 2.2 rebounds and 0.8 assists while playing in all 21 playoff games.

Good move by LA

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »

Offline tallpaul

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Wow. $5 million per for Sasha? Not a good move by LA. They will never get over the top without a significant upgrade in "D". He certainly doesn't do anything in that direction. Nor can he create his own shot. Nor can he create offense for anyone else. So if you want a 1-dimensional spot-up shooter, you can overpay. LA really needs to hope that Bynum is the second coming or they need to make some kind of move.