Author Topic: Olympic Basketball Tournament brackets announced  (Read 9568 times)

Re: Olympic Basketball Tournament brackets announced
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 09:12:17 AM »

Offline Galiza Ceive

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
In my opinion after the US, Spain is the best team, although Greece and Argentina are always very though teams. I dont trust in Lithuania anymore. Unless they finish the group phase first, they will be out of the tournament in the quarter finals.
My prediction:
Argentina
Russia
Australia
Lithuania

US
Spain
Greece
Germany

Semi-finals
US-Argentina
Spain-Greece

Final: I dont know

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 09:13:58 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man

I'm still not that high on Joe, he can definately play though. What does out rotation look like anyway? I really haven't been following.

I've watched patches of games, I can tell you how certain players are playing but havn't watched enough to tell you the rotation.

But I would say the starting lineup would be:
CJ Bruton, Joe Ingles, David Barlow, Mark Worthington and Andrew Bogut (the 4 spot I'm not so sure about)

Obviously there's Paddy Mills off the bench for Bruton, again I don't expect to see much of Mills(I don't think we can complain about the situation of our point guard despite not having a 'true' point)
With great size and toughness at both wing spot in the starting lineup, I would imagine Brad Newley coming off the bench to provide some versatility at the 2 and 3 (atm I still think he is overrated-I see patches of potential, but he's not close to what the media makes of him IMO and Joe Ingles is underrated  :P but I guess we just have to wait and see).
And Chris Antsey off the bench down low and we'll also see a bit of Matthew Nielsen.

Hope I'm not too far off lol.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Argentina
Russia
Australia
Lithuania

I can`t comment on this group i haven`t seen any team but i`d swap argentina with russia
Lithuania maybe the disappointment of the tournament. Croatia although not the great team we knew maybe dangerous. Their goal was to qualify and now they can play without pressure.

US
Spain
Greece
Germany

I don`t know about germany. Very uneven team with bad guards. I think that China will qualify over them. Besides the host always gets some love from the refs.