Author Topic: Luke Walton  (Read 5606 times)

Luke Walton
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:03:48 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
I have a friend who is a Laker fan and he brings up deals all the time to get rid of Luke Walton.   He's hated him since he was at Arizona.  Might be because he is a USC guy and hates Walton too. 

He asked me about whether I would trade Scalabrine and Davis for Luke Walton. 

I'll start this off by saying I view Brian Scalabrine as a sunk cost.  Getting rid of him brings any player we add back as a positive. I don't like Luke Walton's contract, but if you view Scalabrine as a useless guy whose salary does nothing for us .. you could view Walton's contract as followed.

1 - $1,213,103
2 - $1,426,207
3 - $5,260,000
4 - $5,680,000
5 - $6,100,000

I told him I wouldn't do it, but I had to think about a little  ::)

With Leon Powe already on the roster,

Re: Luke Walton
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:07:05 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I think BBD will be a better player than Walton is so no way I make that trade. I'd trade Scal and a 2nd for Walton though.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
what year of that contract is walton in this upcoming season?

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:15:38 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
Walton has 5 years, $26.3MM left.   Scalabrine has 2 years, $6.6M.     

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:44:45 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Scal is the only bad salary we have left.  I would rather buy him out and eat most or all of the $6M than trade him and get stuck with an even worse contract.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:52:20 PM »

Offline wolfceltic215

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • all hail garfield-sama!
Scal is the only bad salary we have left.  I would rather buy him out and eat most or all of the $6M than trade him and get stuck with an even worse contract.

I second the motion..  ;D  :o  ;D
1, 2, 3 UBUNTU!

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney

Tend to agree, though I will say that I view Brian Scalabrine as a fixed cost. 

If it worked, I would trade him in a straight up swap for Trenton Hassell ... but Hassell makes about $240k too much.   

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I wouldn't consider moving Scal unless it was really worth our while.

We are going to need solid minutes out of Scal this year and I expect him to rise to the occasion.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:12 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Walton is a nice player, he would be very worth of the trade, value wise. Unfortunately, he's agent did a terrific job with that contract. Too terrific.

Tend to agree, though I will say that I view Brian Scalabrine as a fixed cost. 

If it worked, I would trade him in a straight up swap for Trenton Hassell ... but Hassell makes about $240k too much.  

If the Nets haven't already decided to pay an awful lot of money for Najera, I could see a trade with them, with us sending Scal and cash, happening.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 11:17:52 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
I wouldn't consider moving Scal unless it was really worth our while.

We are going to need solid minutes out of Scal this year and I expect him to rise to the occasion.

I expect to see Scalabrine with the following line most nights

Brian Scalabrine - DNP: Coaches Decision

Every team needs a comedian, clown, and all around nice guy.  Plus, Danny gave him a nice retirement package.  He is more likely to buy a round or two around Boston.

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 01:04:07 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Surely there's at least 1 team out there that could use this type of player. The hope is that that team has extra cap space to eat his contract, that way we could just trade him for like a 2nd round pick or 2. I wish we could trade him and Pruitt in exchange for Nate Robinson and a 2nd round pick
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 01:05:47 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I think Scalabrine given minutes is just as good as Walton. The main thing is Scalabrine has some length - Walton does not. And it's a real liability out there on D..

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 09:44:50 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Do we really think the Lakers trade Walton for Scali? 

Walton is the better player.  He would be a good SF to come off the bench.  His passing would be a plus (especially with House at PG) 

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 09:57:59 AM »

Offline Soy Reek

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I have a friend who is a Laker fan and he brings up deals all the time to get rid of Luke Walton.   He's hated him since he was at Arizona.  Might be because he is a USC guy and hates Walton too. 

He asked me about whether I would trade Scalabrine and Davis for Luke Walton. 

I'll start this off by saying I view Brian Scalabrine as a sunk cost.  Getting rid of him brings any player we add back as a positive. I don't like Luke Walton's contract, but if you view Scalabrine as a useless guy whose salary does nothing for us .. you could view Walton's contract as followed.

1 - $1,213,103
2 - $1,426,207
3 - $5,260,000
4 - $5,680,000
5 - $6,100,000

I told him I wouldn't do it, but I had to think about a little  ::)

With Leon Powe already on the roster,

Walton's OK, but he's way overpaid.  Besides the '06-'07 season (when he was a starter), he hasn't really put together a solid season.  If he came to the C's, he definately wouldn't be a starter, so I would expect subpar reserve numbers he has chalked up in every other season.  His best asset is his passing.  Even though he's a good passer, he still turns the ball over too much.   

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i'd take that trade. gives us the backup sf we needed, and opens up roster spots. plus, mr. walton would be proud of his son, giving him another fake smile with what seems to be denture looking teeth.

Become Legendary.