Author Topic: CB SEC Dynasty thread  (Read 20333 times)

Re: CB SEC Dynasty thread
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 10:39:50 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
crownsy...sorry to hear this.  i feel for you - i just went through this process, so if you don't mind i'll share a couple thoughts...

- the process of sending your 360 in is VERY simple...you can either call the 1-800 number, or just fill out the information online at xbox.com.  i did mine online...you will get an email confirmation.  the box will show up at your house and the directions are very easy to follow (they provide all materials).  you only send in your xbox but keep everything else.  take it to a ups center and be sure to get a receipt with tracking number (you can follow this online at ups.com).  i sent mine out from florida (to texas) and had another 360 sent to me within a week.  when your new one arrives all you have to do is plug everything back in - they will transfer your gamertag to the new 360 so there's nothing for you to do.  the only issue i had was with my wireless connector - i had to call the 800 number for support.  but she was very helpful and had me up in no time.

- i will post something over at operationsports.com - i'll see if anyone has any suggestions on a commish's 360 dying.  if need be, i'd be happy to run the league.  i can send out any communications (if needed).  but let me look and see if anyone offers any advice over there about what to do.

thanks, and hopefully you get this resolved soon!

Thanks a ton andy, that actually helps alot. i had no idea how to even start the proces :D

and thanks for the forum post as well, i'll hold off until you get a response, if we dont get one by tonight, we'll try the pass the buck trick.

thanks again man!

Edit: one question, whats the deal with your Hard rive? i have an elite, and i have like 30g of stuff on thier. some of its just demos and videos i can get back, but am i pretty toast on saved games and such? or do they sdend it back?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
sounds good...you KEEP the hard drive with you...do NOT send it.  the only thing you send is the console...keep your hard drive, power cord, controllers - make sure that any devices you may have connected are removed and also be sure to check and see that no games are left in the console as well.  you'll need to contact microsoft and provide mailing information and the serial number of your console.  they'll send you a box via ups that has an instruction sheet, packing materials (foam cushion stuff, plastic bag to put it in, mailing label and also a piece of packing tape to put around your box.  for good measure i wrote my name and address on a piece of paper and taped it to the console (outside of the plastic bag to put it in) - not necessary, but just peace of mind.  and don't worry about your stuff on the hard drive - it's all saved, and if you ever need to re-download anything you don't pay for it because it's already yours (the system remembers you).

be sure to be careful opening your box when it arrives because it needs to be in good shape - it's the one you use when you send it back - you simply stick the new mailing label right over the place where they put the one on to ship it to you.  when you go to your local UPS place, it's free to ship it.  you can track your order on xbox.com - mine was back to me within something like 8 days (i'm guessing).  you will need to be home to sign for it - kind of a pain, but it is exciting when that thing arrives home!!

when it comes back to you there's nothing you have to do...microsoft will have already synced up your hard drive to the new console serial number, so don't do anything except put everything back together.

when i got mine back they also put in a card for one free month to xbox live (gold), so i put the codes in and it extended my current subscription an additional month on top of my current one.  so that was nice of them...

i'll post some info. regarding our dynasty over at operationsports - i killed arkansas last night (i'm florida)...i was losing 7-0 then came back to beat them 50-something to 10.

you'll laugh...i'm playing in another dynasty (mac, wac, and c-usa teams) over at operationsports.  i'm central florida - played my first game last night against some lower level team - won 98-6.  my qb (greco) had 9 td passes.  all i did was run late in the game and broke 2 for over 75 yard scoring runs.

i don't know about you, but this is the first time i've ever done online dynasty - it's extremely fun and addictive.

hope you have a good situation with getting your 360 fixed/replaced.  btw - they sent me a different one...serial number was dated june of 2008, so i got a different one back.  sounds a LOT quieter than my original one.

take care, mike
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 10:46:27 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
crownsy... that sucks.  I've had two xboxes bite the dust on me.  The one i've got now has been going strong for a while though.  You can probably get yours back in like a month as long as you don't miss the UPS guy.  I was on vacation the first time they tried sending me the coffin, and no one was at my apt. to sign for it.  Ended up getting sent back to TX or wherever and took like an extra 3 weeks to sort out getting another one sent up.  I went back to the PS2 for a while.  Then that died too.  Kind of a disappointing time on the video game front.

Anyways, I was looking forward to the end of season showdown with Auburn, but I guess that can wait till next season.

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2008, 01:09:42 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
hey guys!  after getting some feedback at another site, i think i've found the solution to our dynasty, provided you all agree with this...

i can save our current dynasty as an offline dynasty...then i re-up it for online play, and i include all four of us in it.  i can then become the commissioner and continue us forward.  we'd keep crownsy in this, but we'd advance it so he might miss a few weeks (depending on how quickly we move along).

or

we could just wait for crownsy to get his 360 back...i realize we'll have to put things on hold for a couple/three weeks, but i'm all for this option.  college football doesn't even get started for real until a few more weeks, so i'd be willing to wait this out.

let me know what you guys think.

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
I might vote for waiting.  I'm going on vacation for 9 days starting Aug. 8th and won't be able to play at all during that time.  So I'm for waiting.

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
^^ we're heading out on vacation this week as well...will be in orlando the 6th-10th of this week, so i'd be content to wait this one out as well.

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2008, 05:47:12 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
it appears that we're unanimous on waiting...

crownsy - just let us know when you're back up and running and then we'll pick up from there.

thanks guys for all your responses!

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
i called for the box saterday, so hopefully it wont be too long.

gah hurry up microsoft, was having a blast with this  >:(
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
just an update to other guys in this dynasty, because i really don't want it to die (was having a absolute blast :D )

xbox is gone in the mail since monday, hoping to see it at xbox getting repaired this weekend.

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
I won't be back from vacation for a week and a half (leaving tomorrow) so this was almost a good thing for me.  I would have hated to have you guys start siming my games.  Also gave me a chance to play through a season of campus ledgend, which kind of sucks as a game mode.  The AI for your players is pretty bad.  And the coaches play calls.... lets just say i'd fire him if I was school AD.

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
box is fixed and on its way back according to Microsoft, UPS says they haven't gotten it out yet though :(

either way, looks like were back on sometime next week :)

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2008, 11:09:19 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
good to hear!!  i'm in 2 other dynasties (one is a larger/top rated group and the other is a smaller-conference/unranked) so i'm keeping busy, but looking forward to getting this one going again.

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2008, 11:23:11 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
awesome crownsy

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2008, 01:06:39 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
good to hear!!  i'm in 2 other dynasties (one is a larger/top rated group and the other is a smaller-conference/unranked) so i'm keeping busy, but looking forward to getting this one going again.

i might see if you can get me a spot in a second dynasty once the box gets back.

thanks for sticking with thi sguys,a nd special thanks to you andy, really helped me out with this whole process :)

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2008, 02:26:14 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

i might see if you can get me a spot in a second dynasty once the box gets back.

thanks for sticking with thi sguys,a nd special thanks to you andy, really helped me out with this whole process :)

i believe we still have a couple spots open (possibly in each of them)...let me know when your box shows up...i'll pm you the gamertags of the commissioners and you might be able to hop in.