Author Topic: Why not Shaun Livingston?  (Read 6006 times)

Why not Shaun Livingston?
« on: July 20, 2008, 07:02:23 PM »

Offline Larrybird17

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 31
This is a low risk high reward gamble on Danny's part. If the kid can get past the fear of playing ball again he could be awesome. A 6'7 point guard with intelligence and talent are very hard to come by. Let's not forget that this kid committed to Duke so you know he has a decent head on his shoulders. He is extremly talented and began showing signs right before his injury. He has had a full year off to work on his knee and should be ready to contribute by mid season at the latest. Not to mention he is probably realizing that he has to prove himself again and will need to get serious about fullfilling his enormous potential. I hope Danny pulls the trigger on this kid. I will be the first one to run to the Garden and purchase his jersey. Who's coming with me on this one?

Re: Why not Shaun Livingston?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:13:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I like Livingston, I'd like him on the team, but by all accounts he's not all the way back yet.  I guess that's not as big a deal since Pruitt will be in the rotation this year but is DA willing to sign a player he will have to wait on?

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:50:45 PM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
I like Livingston, I'd like him on the team, but by all accounts he's not all the way back yet.  I guess that's not as big a deal since Pruitt will be in the rotation this year but is DA willing to sign a player he will have to wait on?

Very good point and TP for you!
We are already sitting on 2 and possibly three guys that we could very well have to wait on in Giddens, Walker and O'Bryant.
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:58:08 PM »

Offline Larrybird17

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 31

Very good point and TP for you!
We are already sitting on 2 and possibly three guys that we could very well have to wait on in Giddens, Walker and O'Bryant.

I feel as though Danny should STILL consider bringing him in because he has major talent and still has a marketable name......can you say trade bait?

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 08:51:13 PM »

Offline chrismihm

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
i would love livingston i just feel like we already have a young pg who we are developing in rondo so our need is more a veteran back up mentor role.  I think on the wings where our starters are the vets is where we should be looking at younger guys with potential to pick up where pierce and ray leave off.  livingston was on his way to becoming a career starter so i think that would cause issues with rondo.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 09:06:02 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
How many roster spots can we give to marginal contributers?

He might also have to be willing to take a minimum deal.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 09:07:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Livingston should join Denver

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:16:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
What WHO said.  I assume that's where he is ending up anyway, a monkey wrench in those plans could be Sam Cassell (for him going to either Denver or Phoenix). 

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 09:26:44 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
livingston would be an ok pickup...i also think cassell is gone most likely to the suns
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 09:31:12 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
He should go to a developing team, not a contender.  Say we sign him and he can't play until mid season.  Then what?  How does a team that needs every win find minutes for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years?  We could send him to D league if Giddons and Walker aren't already down there.  It would be nice to get him and see him fulfill his pre-injury promise but I don't think the Celtics would be the situation where it would be likely to happen.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 10:14:50 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Livingston's knee must have massive damage for no team to take a flier on his.  He would have been a very good player. 

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 10:26:41 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
As a Clippers season ticket holder (okay, I share them with a couple other guys), I can tell you Livingston is very frustrating to watch -- not Gerald level, but frustrating nonetheless. Yes, he would display talent on occasion, but he would also force passes, make horrible crunch time decisions and play barely decent D.

The other thing about him is his lack of speed. He was not quick before the injury, which leads me to wonder how fast he'll be when he comes back.

He was the type of talent and kid that you really root for -- his injury was devastating. I truly hope he makes it back

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I think if we're going to take a risk on an injured player it should be Darius Miles. I have a good feeling about him. I think it's cool how he really idolizes KG, and that could have a huge impact on his focus and commitment.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 11:12:06 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im not sold on livingston at all.  he has not accomplished anything during his professional career, other than a series of injuries (the last knee one still makes me cringe when i see it).  he has been scouted with great abilities, skills, and the word that makes me crazy....upside.  but he has not done anything, imo, to take a risk on. i would not sign him to any kind of deal, unless it is a very cheap one year deal.

id prefer house or jwill at this point.

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 11:17:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
im not sold on livingston at all.  he has not accomplished anything during his professional career, other than a series of injuries (the last knee one still makes me cringe when i see it).  he has been scouted with great abilities, skills, and the word that makes me crazy....upside.  but he has not done anything, imo, to take a risk on. i would not sign him to any kind of deal, unless it is a very cheap one year deal.

id prefer house or jwill at this point.
House? I'd prefer Gabe Pruitt! Livingston hasn't played in an NBA game for ages.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."