Author Topic: Lue wanted more money...  (Read 6074 times)

Re: Lue wanted more money...
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 07:05:29 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Guys like Lue and House need to make as much money as possible. These type of guys have never had the big pay check and they try to live the NBA lifestyle.

I say we wait and see if Eddie chases the money before we denigrate him for it and make assumptions about his character.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 09:40:23 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I don't think any of us can knock Lue for signing for more money, even $600,000 more (per for 2 I think).  It is going to be real hard for him to make any money at all in couple of years.  That is exactly why they have a cap and a tax, so that the good team can't aways get who they want.

Eddie House and Tony Allen are both going to have to give careful consideration to whatever offers they get too.  The difference of $1M or $2M over 2-3 years for either of these guys is big (and should be).  With Tony, I think we have Bird rights of some sort so that we can go higher than the minimum without using up any of the MLE.  To go over the minimum with House is going to be alot of the same math as with Lue.

I think Danny is going to only pay the minimum unless he gets someone like Posey who is a top bench player.  Tony and Eddie probably don't qualify.  If he isn't able to get the value he wants in the off season, I think they start the preseason with pretty much what they have and do what they can during the season to add pieces.  I would love to see a couple more top bench players come in here but I understand what is going on I think enough that I am not upset with the Celtics for what they have been doing.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Guys like Lue and House need to make as much money as possible. These type of guys have never had the big pay check and they try to live the NBA lifestyle.

I say we wait and see if Eddie chases the money before we denigrate him for it and make assumptions about his character.

todays herald says bartelstein is looking at 3 yr deals for house. and after what he got for posey i dont doubt he could find a way to make a team give him that. eddies a good player and id love him back but i think dannys looking at vet minimum guys to keep costs down and also to give gabe pruitt a 1 year tryout. if pruitt succeeds the job is his the following season fullout and danny has his pgs set for the future. if pruitt doesnt do well then maybe next year he considers a better offer for a backup. this year i wouldnt be surprised to see him tab a damon stoudamire and see if he wants to come aboard for the vet minimum.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
For Lue the actual difference was more than 600k. He got $2.5M from Milwaukee and Boston offered $1.2M. They wouldn't go to $1.9 so he took the Bucks deal. Good decision.