Author Topic: Nets Trade for Dooling: Who's left?  (Read 6647 times)

Nets Trade for Dooling: Who's left?
« on: July 19, 2008, 12:09:36 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53664/20080719/nets_agree_to_sign_and_trade_for_dooling/

So I guess House is the best thing left, right?  I don't think there is any other backup point guard left that I'd rather have.  I hope Danny gives him a two year deal.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Nets Trade for Dooling: Who's left?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The Nets do realize they have two young point guards on their roster that need minutes right? Marcus Williams and Devin Harris?

This is like the Najera signing. Completely dumbfounding.

They realize their a train wreck on the wings right?

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 12:19:43 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
So I guess House is the best thing left, right?
I think he's the best at low money. Jannero Pargo could make a case for best overall, although he'd likely cost all or nearly all of the MLE.

Bassy is actually up near the top of the remaining point guards.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 12:26:10 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
^So, House it is.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 12:36:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
The trade gives the Nets a solid backcourt trio, with a feisty, long-armed third guard who can defend both spots effectively. But it also gives them 16 guaranteed contracts, so they have stepped up their efforts to move point guard Marcus Williams, who now becomes the odd man out again.
Okay as I read the article it makes more sense. They must have no confidence in Williams because Dooling isn't good enough to give up on a prospect. Be interesting to see what type of offers they could get for Williams. I'm guessing they don't get much more than multiple 2nd round picks type of deals.

Possible Celtics acquisition? I'd rather more experience, dependability and defense.

^So, House it is.
I'm with you 100%

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 12:40:35 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Remember all the people who cried about us picking Rondo instead of Williams every time Williams had a decent game?

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
Jersey wasn't going to bring Williams back next year. Dooling gives them a replacement for him.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 04:01:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Possible Celtics acquisition? I'd rather more experience, dependability and defense.
Remind me again why we should trade for a player that wasn't good enough to back-up Devin Harris on a team that is less talented than the Celtics?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 04:17:10 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Remind me again why we should trade for a player that wasn't good enough to back-up Devin Harris on a team that is less talented than the Celtics?

He said he'd rather get someone other than Williams.

That's too bad about Dooling though. I thought he'd look really good coming off the bench. I'd like to see the C's target Arroyo. After that, House is my man. He's easily worth $3.7/2!! Sign him up!

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 04:31:27 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Whether we want him or not I am positive Marbury is going to come here for short money and the front office will figure it is worth a gamble. If he does not work out then we will more than likely buy him out and release him. Worse case scenario we get him for a minimum and we release him before he becomes a cancer. Best case... We give a guy a chance that no one else does, he appreciates where he is at and the players he is with. He is kept in check buy the vets and the staff and he sees the light and the chance to when a title.

I really do not no where I stand. ????????
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
The Nets are a good team for Dooling. He won't cost them a championship by taking ill-advised shots and playing out of control.

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Remember all the people who cried about us picking Rondo instead of Williams every time Williams had a decent game?

Right after that draft there was a thread about how drafting Rondo over Williams was the biggest mistake in the history of the franchise.

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 04:55:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

That's too bad about Dooling though. I thought he'd look really good coming off the bench. I'd like to see the C's target Arroyo. After that, House is my man. He's easily worth $3.7/2!! Sign him up!
I'd rather have Pargo, who is a defensively-oriented shooter, to Arroyo, who is a bit of a ball-hog and has no outside shot to speak of.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

Right after that draft there was a thread about how drafting Rondo over Williams was the biggest mistake in the history of the franchise.

Yep. Judgement is passed a bit too quickly around these parts.  :P

We need a little patience. Yea-aah.
Just a little patience. Yeaah.

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 05:01:05 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

I'd rather have Pargo, who is a defensively-oriented shooter, to Arroyo, who is a bit of a ball-hog and has no outside shot to speak of.

Ha, true. I like Pargo too. I'm just worried that he'd command around 20/5... which I don't think he is worth. Arroyo could come cheaper.... somewhere in the House range.