Author Topic: What to do for the Celtics Bench...  (Read 2078 times)

What to do for the Celtics Bench...
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
What could we do with the celtics bench. What are the possibilities? Let Cassell go. Sign House and trade him with Scal to the Cavs to ensure we get Delonte West and add in Damon Jones.

Rondo, West, Jones, Pruitt
Ray, Tony, Mo Evans
Pierce, Miles, Giddens
KG, Powe, BBD
Perkins, OBryant
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: What to do for the Celtics Bench...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 01:12:56 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'm thinking that Cleveland isn't going to love the idea of trading Delonte West away for House and Scal.  What does that do for them?  The only way that West is coming here is if the C's offer the full MLE and the Cavs don't want to match.  The trade defeats that purpose, since the combined salary of House and Scal would be roughly the MLE.  So the Cavs would trade a useful rotation player for an inferior player in House and a guy unlikely to even break the rotation with no financial incentive?  I think not. 

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 01:13:23 PM »

Offline dcsceltics

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 5
Cleveland would not do that. They already have many great shooters(Gibson, Wally, West, Jones). They do not need Eddie House for another shooter. And Scal is terrible. They believe Delonte is grat and he is their starting point guard. No way Cleveland does this.

But you are correct, we need a better bench and a decent backup PG.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:16:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sign House and trade him with Scal to the Cavs to ensure we get Delonte West and add in Damon Jones.
Why?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:37:19 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 02:03:59 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I bet the bench won't be finalized till mid way through the season just like last year.
Can't stop, Rondo!