Author Topic: A trade to get Gomes and get rid of Scali  (Read 2641 times)

A trade to get Gomes and get rid of Scali
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:06:01 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Brian Scalabrine
Gabe Pruitt or Semih Erden draft rights
Cash if needed

for

Ryan Gomes - signed for a $5 million salary to make the deal work under the CBA rules

Why for Minny:
They don't really need Gomes - Love, Miller, Carney, Smith and Brewer fill his role. It'll be hard to find minutes for him. Instead of letting him walk for nothing, they'll add a high character guy, that would be a good influence to their youngsters, and good inside defender in Scal with the ability of stretching the floor, a much needed backup guard (or a legit post presence next season) and their cap plans would remain intact.

Why for Boston:
I have no idea, but lots of people here want to 1. bring back Gomes 2. dump Scal, so I'll let them explain. Financially, it makes more sense than simply signing Gomes as a FA, because although we would overpay him a little bit, Scal's contract would be paid by someone else.

Re: A trade to get Gomes and get rid of Scali
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:14:02 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
If it's a 5 million salary, it should be only 1-2 years. Overpaid anyways.

I would do it if it's Semih's rights and Scal, but certainly not Pruitt's at this point.

Minny wouldn't do it though, it makes no sense for them, unless Pruitt was involved..

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:18:10 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Don't see Minnesota adding the salary to get Pruitt.  They could have just kept Chalmers. 

I could see that package getting Trenton Hassell.   

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 12:32:42 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Well, Scal and Cardinal *would* be awfully entertaining on the same team.  However, Minnesota isn't getting a lot of value for a player they like, and they're taking back salary. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions