Author Topic: Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?  (Read 7179 times)

Re: Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 01:33:45 PM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
JR a tp for you. Nailed it. Why didnt I see it first?. lol
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 01:39:05 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
the best scorer is kobe, the best offensive player is paul pierce
thats a tp
paul is the best, he's been for years
nobody and i mean nobody has moves like P2. you look players like vince carter, he lost his jumping ability and now he is worth a 2nd round draft pick.
Pierce's game is fundamental and that stays in the mid-late 30's
HE IS THE BEST,and if you thing otherwise, just take a look at 2008 finals series that featured KG- the best PF in the game, Ray Allen the best 3pt shooter of all time, Kobe the MVP and one of the best players in last 10 years...and guess what, Paul is the MVP
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Before the Finals, I would have said Kobe, as much as I don't like him. But Boston's defense REALLY stagnated Kobe (and thus, the whole Laker offense) during the Finals. He lost the offensive brightness was dimmed significantly in the Finals, at least for me. So, my current answer would probably be LeBron. Chris Paul wouldn't be a bad choice either. And yes, without having to blame the green Kool-aid, Pierce probably deserves to be in the discussion as well.

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 01:46:34 PM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
 Koslo: Of course stats are also made correctly. I just said that they CAN be doctored. Its like saying all lawyers are sheisters. Not necessarily correct but statistics may be drawn to show they are. Boing!
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Okay, enlighten us. What makes Kobe the best offensive player in the league, other than you claiming that he is while claiming that stats don't matter? What is your evidence, other than talking heads taking the easy way out and toeing the company line?

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 12:38:06 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
hands down lebron james. I'd say paul pierce also . I won't include kobe cuz i don't like

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 08:41:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Interesting stuff. 

That scatter plot looks like a good tool for players scoring efficiency. 

I still put Lebron and Paul at the top when you include what they do to get the ball in scoring position for their teammates.

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 09:45:22 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
def james... sure he didn't play well against our defense, but then again, who did? he still got to the rack and most of his layups just spun out and his wide open jumpers didn't fall.

kobe is next on my list. he's just as good as lebron, if not better but is not as muscular to drive and dunk over people, but is a much better shooter.

and third, i'm just going to throw it out there: arenas when healthy. this guy scored almost 30 points per game, and if your doing that, your probably doing something right. his 3 point shooting is really really good. i remember the stretch where he scored consecutive 60+ point games.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 10:00:13 AM »

Offline kg617

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
chris paul  ;D

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 10:21:22 AM »

Offline Fastbreak

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
RealTangiblesGuy great job...makes for a interesting debate..I was surprised by Amare's numbers for a moment or two and then you mentioned Nash..only then did the numbers become clear...the thing that makes this game great is the intangibles...PP and Kobe's offensive numbers could be even better if they didn't play much defense...(see lebron for example)..so, as others have pointed out, there are so many ways to judge a player..just ask James Posey..who recieved a four year deal which, by most markers (rebounds, ppg, assists) makes no sense whatsover..