Author Topic: Ray Allen to Patriots?  (Read 12434 times)

Re: Ray Allen to Patriots?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 03:25:15 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I got the joke. I was actually trying to think of the strangest or stupidest trade idea to throw out considering all I see on here is "trade ray" stuff after we won it all. But you beat me to it. Good one by the way.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
has there ever been a cross sports trade? can i have an example thrown at me here? And for the record that is an awful idea.

Micheal Jordan traded a wildly successful basketball career for a terrible baseball career. Good thing he had his fingers crossed so he could trade back.

*cough* suspension for gambling *cough*

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 03:26:50 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
has there ever been a cross sports trade? can i have an example thrown at me here? And for the record that is an awful idea.

Micheal Jordan traded a wildly successful basketball career for a terrible baseball career. Good thing he had his fingers crossed so he could trade back.

*cough* suspension for gambling *cough*

The NBA could have always traded him to Vegas like they did with Barkley. 

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 03:35:10 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
the George Mason Patriots could use a shooting guard.  Do you think he has any eligibility left?  They would like to get back to the Final Four.
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
I would reply to this but my wrists were slapped for being insensitive for the last faux Ray Allen trade thread I did.

That being said to answer Celticswillwin43's question.  I am not sure, but I know the Celtics acquired Danny Ainge from the Toronto Blue Jays and although it wasn't a trade it was a transaction between two sports.  Also former Celtic Gene Conley is the only player to win championships for two professional sports team (the Milwaukee Braves being the other as a pitcher).

I can picture Ray Allen and Bill Belichick having much in common given their focus and determination.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If you tossed Scal into the deal as well, would his contract then become non-guaranteed? 

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 03:52:42 PM »

Offline Bring Back Antoine

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Why not through in Big Baby, help the pats sure up that O-line, maybe the celts can get a potential point guard in somebody like Lonnie Paxton.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »

Offline Cooldude5t5

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 36
This is funny. I am wondering about the people who thought this idea was serious.  ::)

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 05:06:33 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
The best part of the joke is that it's probably no worse of an idea than every other "Trade Ray Allen" thread on the board. 

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 08:02:52 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I finally figured  out how to get that cancerous malcontent Ray Allen off of our team and INSURE that we win the next 2 nba titles AND shave about $10M off our cap for next year. We'll just trade him to NO for James Posey. With Posey we'll be virtually unstoppable. If Stern tries to make any noise about the disparity between the salaries we'll threaten to leak to the press that we've come across the information that he's on Donaghy's bookie's speed dial.

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I finally figured  out how to get that cancerous malcontent Ray Allen off of our team and INSURE that we win the next 2 nba titles AND shave about $10M off our cap for next year. We'll just trade him to NO for James Posey. With Posey we'll be virtually unstoppable. If Stern tries to make any noise about the disparity between the salaries we'll threaten to leak to the press that we've come across the information that he's on Donaghy's bookie's speed dial.

Straight forward, honest, not sarcastic ---- I'm in.  Love it!

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
You guys think we can pick up Candace Parker in a trade of Ray?

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I always saw Ray more of a Hockey player.

The Bruins could probably use him more.  

I also hear that they are going to trade Scali and Davis to the JSA

http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/

Great idea! We need a big man, we can get my compadre:

http://sumo.goo.ne.jp/eng/ozumo_meikan/rikishi_joho/rikishi.php?A=2510

6'9, 345 lbs, will solve our issues under the basket for the next 10 years or so! And he's only 25, too!!!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 08:50:47 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
May as well, and get rid of that other 7 foot deadwood stiff who tanks it every year along with him, now that we're in rebuilding mode since we lost out on the main man James  :P

/ Glum, Gloom, Doom and Woe is we...

:)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 01:00:35 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Hey clay, you get a big TP for deflating
all the "Ray Allen Trade" threads.
THANKS!