Author Topic: Yet another Ray Allen trade idea.  (Read 6057 times)

Yet another Ray Allen trade idea.
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:33:49 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
Ok before you all jump down my throat let me say this. I do not, Repeat DO NOT want to trade Ray Allen. However, if i were GM this would be a trade i would make.

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Trade ID #4729315

Boston Trade Ray Allen and a future Draft Pick to Dallas for Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse

I think Dallas does this trade because they could believe that Ray Allen is that guy to get them over the hump while droping Stackhouse's contract.
I think Boston does this trade for the fact that they get a Good young talented player in Howard that is on the verge of being elite under contract for a couple more years and a good scorer of the bench in Stackhouse to help replace Posey.

Let the bashing begin......
Green 18!

Re: Yet another Ray Allen trade idea.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:36:11 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It is not terrible.

Dallas is rumored to offer Stackhouse in a package for Artest. 

But I think the team is still better with Ray at SG and Pierce at SF vs. Pierce at SG and Howard at SF. 

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:36:36 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Ok before you all jump down my throat let me say this. I do not, Repeat DO NOT want to trade Ray Allen. However, if i were GM this would be a trade i would make.

Trade ID #4729315

Boston Trade Ray Allen and a future Draft Pick to Dallas for Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse

I think Dallas does this trade because they could believe that Ray Allen is that guy to get them over the hump while droping Stackhouse's contract.
I think Boston does this trade for the fact that they get a Good young talented player in Howard that is on the verge of being elite under contract for a couple more years and a good scorer of the bench in Stackhouse to help replace Posey.

i think you vastly underestimate what cuban thinks josh howard is worth to the mavs.

also, the trade link is dead.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »

Offline PointGaurd

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
Josh Howard is an idiot! He admitted to smoking weed,and told on the rest of the league for doing it also.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:39:08 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Josh Howard is an idiot! He admitted to smoking weed,and told on the rest of the league for doing it also.

i could care less about that, i just think dallas isn't going to do that trade.

nor would i want to trade ray this year anyway, and only next year if we can get a ton out of a team that thinks its got a shot at what im tentitivly deeming "FA sweepstakes 10'"
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Josh Howard has been fairly poor in the playoffs over the past three years. Regularly letting his teams down. The one decent series he had was against Golden State but he didn't exactly step up while Dirk was struggling, he just managed his own numbers. Not a big game player.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
maybe not yet. Hes still young and is getting better every year. Not to mention he would still be our number 3 option. This is definitly the best Ray Ray trade ive seen on this website and really think its a trade the C's should make it it were an option.
Green 18!

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 11:10:50 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
yeah! and lets trade kevin garnett for tyrus thomas and joakim noah! or how about paul pierce for richard hamilton? and rondo and perk for draft picks and cap relief so we can gear up for the 2010 sweepstakes?

i don't mind talking trades, and i'm not slamming you personally as much as the rest of this board who for some strange reason want to trade ray allen. but there is such a thing as team chemistry, and it's something that our starting lineup picked up incredibly fast. perk and kg: the defensive (and offensive) prescence down low. PP: our captain who is capable of doing it all...playing D, hitting the trey, and slashing. Rondo: incredible passer and slasher, breaking down the opponent's defense. and Ray Ray: possibly the best shooter to ever play the game, always feeding off of paul and rondo's slashing, and perk and KG's inside dominance, not to mention the beautiful defense he played all year long! have we forgotten what he did for us this season all ready??? we are a great fanbase, but we are like a 3 year old on crack when it comes to trade ideas.

i don't care what the numbers say on paper, as much as how well the players we have gel together. this isn't dynasty mode in nba live where you can just throw a bunch of different people together every year and expect immense success. i say keep ray allen and see what happens in 2010.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »

Offline Bring Back Antoine

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
yeah! and lets trade kevin garnett for tyrus thomas and joakim noah! or how about paul pierce for richard hamilton? and rondo and perk for draft picks and cap relief so we can gear up for the 2010 sweepstakes?

i don't mind talking trades, and i'm not slamming you personally as much as the rest of this board who for some strange reason want to trade ray allen. but there is such a thing as team chemistry, and it's something that our starting lineup picked up incredibly fast. perk and kg: the defensive (and offensive) prescence down low. PP: our captain who is capable of doing it all...playing D, hitting the trey, and slashing. Rondo: incredible passer and slasher, breaking down the opponent's defense. and Ray Ray: possibly the best shooter to ever play the game, always feeding off of paul and rondo's slashing, and perk and KG's inside dominance, not to mention the beautiful defense he played all year long! have we forgotten what he did for us this season all ready??? we are a great fanbase, but we are like a 3 year old on crack when it comes to trade ideas.

i don't care what the numbers say on paper, as much as how well the players we have gel together. this isn't dynasty mode in nba live where you can just throw a bunch of different people together every year and expect immense success. i say keep ray allen and see what happens in 2010.

I completely agree. Analysts were saying before the 07/08 season that our championship run would likely be the 08/09 season, once the team had more time to gel. With that in mind I think our starting 5 could be even more dominant this season.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
lol I'm with you man like i said at the begining of my post i dont think we should trade Ray Allen. But it you think trading Ray for Howard and Stack is equal to trading KG for Tyrus and Noah you are indeed a moron. Howard alone is aruably a better player than Ray Allen at this point of there careers. Now iu like Ray Allen but alot of people are blind when it becomes to his value becuase he wearing green. Your would be crazy not to do this trade. Also not sure why you think the chemisty would be lost if this trade happened. But my guess is it would be fine.
Green 18!

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 11:22:51 AM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Ray Allen for Jason Terry?? throw in powe for bass if you have to

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

That is terrible.  A small SG that is inconsistent. 

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 11:26:01 AM »

Offline reardenmetal

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Got Game?

amen brother!!!! If you examine teams that were able to repeat, they made adjustments but didn't trade away core pieces. Realistic trades should involve peripheral players, i.e. Scalabrine, Powe, ect.., not you leaders.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 11:27:30 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

thats a horrendous trade, and why would we have to throw in powe to get bass, were the ones getting fleeced in that deal.

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

Trade ID #4729315

This is actually the best Ray Allen trade I have seen so far. I like him too much to want to trade him...  But I would consider this on both sides.

Ray Allen playing with Kidd and Nowitzki is pretty good; though I do not think it is an offensive juggernaut.