Author Topic: How much can I get for my Xbox 360 and Games?  (Read 5121 times)

How much can I get for my Xbox 360 and Games?
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »

Offline dcsceltics

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 5
How much money does everyone think I can get for my Xbox 360, preferably at Gamestop. I also have many games to give them as well. Some games I have are NBA 2K8, MLB 2K8, Madden 08, NHL 2K8, Nascar 09, Halo 3, and many other sports games. So how much do you think I could get for all this? I want to buy a PS3 with the money so I hope I get enough to buy the PS3. Thanks In Advance!

Re: How much can I get for my Xbox 360 and Games?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:28:14 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
No idea.  I would check ebay, to give yourself a basic idea on what the system, etc., are going for.  I think you might do better online than at Gamestop.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
How much money does everyone think I can get for my Xbox 360, preferably at Gamestop. I also have many games to give them as well. Some games I have are NBA 2K8, MLB 2K8, Madden 08, NHL 2K8, Nascar 09, Halo 3, and many other sports games. So how much do you think I could get for all this? I want to buy a PS3 with the money so I hope I get enough to buy the PS3. Thanks In Advance!

do not I repeat do not sell your 360 at gamestop. I called them and they quoted me about 200 for the system which I thought was great, brought it there and they said something like 140. Where they sell preowned ones for something like 250 - so literally they could take my machine and move it 4 feet and its worth 90 dollar more, because of the misquote I put it on EBay - got about 220 for it and went and bought an XBOX Elite - with games you could definitely bring the value up - they pay crappily on games as well at Gamestop - Madden you'd be lucky to get 6 bucks, then they go and charge 20 for it (can you tell I hate gamestop) - sell it on ebay, or even set a price and put it on craigslist... (one of my friends traded his wii + games for a PS3 on CL and it worked out well)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 10:44:32 PM »

Offline BadBoyBosh

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • drink it in baby
i suggest craigslist, i've sold a few games on there for pretty good money

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:00:21 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
i think at gamestop just for the 360 system you get like 75 bucks.. and they dont give you much money for sports games.. so i would try to put it on craigslist or sell it to a friend.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
i suggest craigslist, i've sold a few games on there for pretty good money

Agreed.  I've bought great concert tickets and all kinds of stuff on craigs.  Just be careful though, and make sure the transaction takes place in person.  DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING TO ANYONE!!  Sell it to someone in close proximity to your location, meet up with them in a public place (bring a friend or two), and complete the exchange.

I know that's probably common sense to you, but I never stop hearing about dumb people getting ripped off in some kind of scam because people didn't use their noggins.

Quick question - why trade a 360 for a PS3?  360 has so many more, and better games.  Are you THAT hard up to play MGS4?

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:05:27 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Xbox 360 just dropped their price to $299.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/14786.cfm

Which probably means you can get about $200 for a used one. As far as the sports games go, the ones you mentioned are last years versions, so maybe $5-$8. Halo 3 may get you somewhere from $20-$35.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
do NOT goto gamestop..they will screw you big time.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:24:29 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
the issue is that they dropped the price so even with all the games... on ebay, it'd only get you around the 200 mark and 250 if your really really lucky. therefore, i wouldn't sell it. big time lost by you.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 07:21:47 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Xbox 360 just dropped their price to $299.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/14786.cfm

Which probably means you can get about $200 for a used one. As far as the sports games go, the ones you mentioned are last years versions, so maybe $5-$8. Halo 3 may get you somewhere from $20-$35.

Finally.  I might be able to get it now.