Author Topic: The Trade That Will Overload the CelticBlog Servers For Life  (Read 16479 times)

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

The trade that would permanently  crash the CelticsBlog servers:

Like many of you, the number of discussion threads about Ray Allen, Antoine Walker & Al Jefferson has me shaking my head. So with that in mind, I am offering forth the trade that would crash the CelticBlog servers for life, have half of you dancing in the streets and the other half reporting to the Tobin.

With zero regard to winning any more championships, but respecting the wishes of oh so many of us and the required cap maneuverings enforced by Mr. Stern's office, I present to you

THE TRADE

To the Celtics
Antoine Walker (Do you hear the bells all over town ringing?  It’s true, it’s true, he’s returned)
Al Jefferson (Al will be adding a new middle name once he returns “Walk on Water” rejoice, rejoice)
and to make the numbers work:
Randy Foye  (yeah whatever)

To the Memphis Grizzlies
(Wait before we continue, a special thank you to Mr. Chris Wallace for helping make this CelticsBlog dream come true)
Kendrick Perkins (Sorry Big Guy, enjoy the ring – Employee #8 is once again wigglin on Causeway)
Brian Scalabrine (Ah, Brian we are going to miss your ever so important discussion points)
And to make the numbers work:
Rashad McCants (blah, blah, blah)

To the Minnesota Timberwolves
(And a HOF thank you and a case of Miller Lite to Kevin McHale for once again stepping in when Celticsblog needed you most)
Ray Allen (Ah, thank god he’s gone)
And unfortunately to make the numbers work:
Rajon Rondo (someone had to be sacrificed to bring the heroes home and to rid the green of Mr. Allen, we thank you for your sacrafice)

Our summer is complete!!!!!  Everyone take August off, See ya in September.

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

Re: The Trade That Will Overload the CelticBlog Servers For Life
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:56:10 PM »

Offline RodneyRogers

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Is there any way we can get big Al back WITHOUT giving up Scal?
Over the years, I've had hundreds of shots blocked. You've got to go in and take chances.
-John Havlicek

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Hilarious.  But seriously, you couldn't work Gerald Green and Marcus Banks in there somehow?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 01:58:26 PM »

Offline RickyD Fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Why don't you like Ray Allen? I thought he was clutch in the Laker's series and won us a lot more game over the season than we would have without him on the floor.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
Hilarious.  But seriously, you couldn't work Gerald Green and Marcus Banks in there somehow?

mid season pick ups!!!   ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 02:11:45 PM »

Offline YouveBeenPierced

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
why would we want to bring in someone like mccants? couldn't his role be filled by someone like eric williams?

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 02:25:51 PM »

Offline Truth Hurts

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
So we're trading three of our starters for someone who plays the same position as KG, and a bag of balls?

Where can I sign up for this one?  ::)
"Odom drains another 16-footer. It's 24-7, Lakers. They look so possessed on both ends that they've earned at least five sitting ovations from the Lakers' crowd." - Simmons

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 02:29:48 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
So we're trading three of our starters for someone who plays the same position as KG, and a bag of balls?

Where can I sign up for this one?  ::)

Why don't you like Ray Allen? I thought he was clutch in the Laker's series and won us a lot more game over the season than we would have without him on the floor.

I don't think you guys are all getting the joke.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Like many of you, the number of discussion threads about Ray Allen, Antoine Walker & Al Jefferson has me shaking my head. So with that in mind, I am offering forth the trade that would crash the CelticBlog servers for life, have half of you dancing in the streets and the other half reporting to the Tobin.

With zero regard to winning any more championships, but respecting the wishes of oh so many of us and the required cap maneuverings enforced by Mr. Stern's office, I present to you

THE TRADE

To the Celtics
Antoine Walker (Do you hear the bells all over town ringing?  It’s true, it’s true, he’s returned)
Al Jefferson (Al will be adding a new middle name once he returns “Walk on Water” rejoice, rejoice)

To the Memphis Grizzlies
(Wait before we continue, a special thank you to Mr. Chris Wallace for helping make this CelticsBlog dream come true)
Kendrick Perkins (Sorry Big Guy, enjoy the ring – Employee #8 is once again wigglin on Causeway)
Brian Scalabrine (Ah, Brian we are going to miss your ever so important discussion points)

(And a HOF thank you and a case of Miller Lite to Kevin McHale for once again stepping in when Celticsblog needed you most)
Rajon Rondo (someone had to be sacrificed to bring the heroes home and to rid the green of Mr. Allen, we thank you for your sacrafice)

Not being able to get Mark Blount is a dealbreaker. Also, make sure we have enough cap space to sign Ricky Davis.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
SSF,

You are going to be simply amazed at the amount of people asking serious question and criticizing this trade because they don't realize it is a joke.

People don't read whole posts anymore. They only read them to the point in which something formulates in their head to respond. So to help get rid of of those dumb comments before hand:

Why are you trading Ray Allen, don't you know how ggod he was for us in the Finals?

Randy Foye isn't half the PG Rondo is this trade just doesn't work if Rondo has to go.

Big Al isn't a true center and I think he might clog up the middle with KG.

Scal is why too important to this team to sacrifice in this deal.

Finally now Antoine can get a ring as a Celtic, retire a Celtic and have his number retired with the other 2 of the 3 greatest Celtics ever, Max and Pierce.

I can't wait for Antoine to teach KG how to shoot three pointers.

I heard Chris Wallace was asking for the draft rights to Antoine Walker's brother but was then told he wasn't actually a basketball player but then made the trade anyway. You do realize this trade proves the genius that is Chris Wallace because even without the draft right's to Walker's brother, he still gets the best end of this deal.

There are more but the phone is ringing.  

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown

THE TRADE

To the Celtics

To the Memphis Grizzlies

Not being able to get Mark Blount is a dealbreaker. Also, make sure we have enough cap space to sign Ricky Davis.

Blount too?  This is getting too complicated.....back to the ESPN Trade Machine!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »

Offline Aaron

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 18
While I'd hate to lose Rajon, Dana Barros could come out of retirement and play the point.

And I'm pretty sure Waltah isn't doing anything right now.  We could use someone with that massive wingspan.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Don't forget Walter McCarty and Sherman Douglas coming out of retirement.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 02:49:31 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Also, on the night we raise Banner #17 to the rafters, we bring in Rick Pitino, M.L. Carr & Obie as honorary ball boys for the game.  ;D

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
SSF,

You are going to be simply amazed at the amount of people asking serious question and criticizing this trade because they don't realize it is a joke.

People don't read whole posts anymore. They only read them to the point in which something formulates in their head to respond. So to help get rid of of those dumb comments before hand:

a joke?   

Dearest Nick,

Big Al and really big Antoine are not a joke.....well, ok Antoine is, but that's not the point, the point is making everyone happy and if we need to include Gerald Green in this deal some how, the by golly Wyc will get it done!

;)