Author Topic: Could Brett Favre Look any worse?  (Read 23936 times)

Could Brett Favre Look any worse?
« on: July 15, 2008, 09:10:08 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Did anybody see his interview today in which he sounded like a kid whining about being grounded.  "They are trying to protect my legacy by making me a backup."  This is a guy who is 38, leads the league all time in interceptions, has thrown 18 interceptions in his last 9 playoff games, but seems appalled that he may be a backup on an up and coming good team.  I just feel bad for Aaron Rogers through this whole thing because now that Brett wants to come back there is almost no way that he comes out of this a winner. 

I am personally hoping that every team will blackball this jerk like the majors did to Barry Bonds.  You are 38, keep doing wranglers commercials and stop doing interviews on ESPN.  I don't know how good Aaron Rogers can be, but alot of guys can come in and throw 29 interceptions in a season which is Brett's calling card. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Could Brett Favre Look any worse?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:28:18 AM »

Offline Pawtucket Pat

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
I couldn't agree more. Brett Favre is a selfish jackass. It's been, what, four months since he retired?! Give it a rest, Favre. It really is all about him.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:28:26 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I think the Packers have been looking to move on for the last five years and pressed for a decision during an emotional time for Brett Farve knowing it was their best chance to get him to bite and retire.

From that moment forward the Packers had an out and were no longer obligated to this guy. I believe they won in spite of Farve last season. The system they have been installed in Green Bay requires a game management type quarterback not a belligerent gun slinger who cost them the NFC championship and subsequently the Patriots 4th super bowl.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:38:39 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
You can't say the one in spite of him last year when he threw 28 touchdown passes and 15 picks for over 4100 yards.  The previous two years where he had a QB rating of 71 including a 20 touchdown 29 pick 2005 campaign.  The thing is that he is 38 and in all liklihood the next years if he comes back will be much more like the previous two than the 2007 season.  He has taken this organization hostage, and it is time he sits down steps aside and realizes the NFL world will still continue without him involved. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:47:04 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm a Bears fan and would love Favre to come to Chicago. I understand that Greenbay wants to move on, so just let him go and have his freedom to sign with another team. I think he has done enough for Greenbay to be treated properly now that they don't have plans for him.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:51:03 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
You can't say the one in spite of him last year when he threw 28 touchdown passes and 15 picks for over 4100 yards.  The previous two years where he had a QB rating of 71 including a 20 touchdown 29 pick 2005 campaign.  The thing is that he is 38 and in all liklihood the next years if he comes back will be much more like the previous two than the 2007 season.  He has taken this organization hostage, and it is time he sits down steps aside and realizes the NFL world will still continue without him involved. 

When he swallowed his pride and listened to coaching he was great. He stopped listening to coaching after MH left.

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:55:31 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
I'm a Bears fan and would love Favre to come to Chicago. I understand that Greenbay wants to move on, so just let him go and have his freedom to sign with another team. I think he has done enough for Greenbay to be treated properly now that they don't have plans for him.

That's the whole idea. Chi town is the last place Green Bay wants to see Farve. They will trade him to the Dolphins or something.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I have to admit, there's a part of me that is enjoying the tarnishment of Brett Favre's legacy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Personally i think his legacy was tarnished during the NFC championship when he shamelessly tried to pad his record by throwing that horrible interception in overtime against the Giants.  Dont worry Brett, i think your 288 career mark is safe for a while. 

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

That's the whole idea. Chi town is the last place Green Bay wants to see Farve. They will trade him to the Dolphins or something.

I doubt he'd even sign with Chicago, but I think he should have the freedom to. It's amazing to me how easily an organization can turn on a player that has given so much. That is why I support guys like Brand and Boozer for sticking it to their former teams. Because if they had not, those teams would have eventually done it to them.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 10:23:22 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
"I doubt he'd even sign with Chicago, but I think he should have the freedom to. It's amazing to me how easily an organization can turn on a player that has given so much. That is why I support guys like Brand and Boozer for sticking it to their former teams. Because if they had not, those teams would have eventually done it to them."

He gave them one superbowl and several years of mediocrity followed by him holding the team hostage for a several years trying to figure out when he would retire.  I think he is one of the most overrated athletes of our generation.  His main accomplishment was playing every game, and I am almost certain that in most games his team would be better off had he not played. 

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 10:24:17 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
What's annoying about Favre is how he seems to place himself so much above the team.  It's really not all about you, Brett.  You'd never see Brady or Manning pulling this BS.  Have a little bit of class, you know?  

I really would like to see Favre sign somewhere like Chicago, take the field, and start chucking up interceptions all over the place.  It all comes back to Brett believing that it's all about Brett; he doesn't trust his coaches or his teammates, so he tries to do it by himself, and he ends up trying to "make a play" that ends up in the hands of the defender.  It's shocking to me to see a player that's been successful for so many years continue to make so many boneheaded plays.  I mean, it's just so predictable; Packers are down but within reach, Favre's going to do something stupid.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 10:26:38 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I have to admit, there's a part of me that is enjoying the tarnishment of Brett Favre's legacy.

Favre's legacy won't be tarnished.

Do people remember Joe Montana as a Chief, after he asked his way out of San Francisco?  Joe Namath as a Ram?  Johnny Unitas as a Charger?

No, Favre will be remembered as a Packer, and as one of the all-time greats, no matter how this plays out.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 10:29:14 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
He's being a bit of a child, which is annoying.

Plus, I hold him personally responsible for the Patriots not winning the Super Bowl last year.  He could have taken care of biz at Lambeau in the NFC Championship, then taken the predestined whooping in the Super Bowl that the Giants were unwilling to follow along with.

Yup

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
At 38, he's still better than a great deal of quarterbacks around the league, he isn't saying he wants to return to the Packers and make Rodgers wait another year, he is just saying he wants to play, and really for the sake of the Packers he is willing to go somewhere else. Right now the Packers are in a really poor position, they know Favre isn't going to go away, they know he wants to play and he is too far into this process now to turn back, they know they want Aaron Rodgers to start, and they know they don't want to see Favre in another uniform and their fans will never forgive them if he is. Best thing Green Bay could do now is trade him to the AFC and pray they win the Superbowl so all their fans forget the whole incident.