Author Topic: Big Baby teaching camp  (Read 1323 times)

Big Baby teaching camp
« on: July 15, 2008, 03:24:14 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
was on the herald website and i caught this article:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1107142&srvc=next_article

davis talking about posey and the championship run and all. but what caught me about the article was where it apparently took place. at a basketball camp for kids that he was running. teaching fundamentals to kids and you see a picture of him and he doesnt look like a big fatbody in the picture either. obviously this is nothing to run home about but you hope this is a little glimpse into a growing maturity of davis. teaching fundamentals sometimes has just as much benefit as learning them. when youre teaching to someone that knows less than you youre inclined to be sharper, more on point. to set an example to those youre teaching. an immature player doesnt host basketball camps for kids i dont think. like i said not any great harbinger of things to come for sure. davis still has to prove it in camp but this just seemed like a good story and maybe, just maybe the kid is really getting it.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Re: Big Baby teaching camp
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:34:00 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Good on him. I'd love to see more of Baby next season; he has the potential to be a great asset.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

Re: Big Baby teaching camp
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:02:31 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
As long as he doesn't teach the fundamentals of diet. And honestly BBD isn't fat - just fat for an NBA player..

Pete