Author Topic: 'Red and Me,' Russell book on Auerbach, in works for '09 release  (Read 4198 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3486497

Basketball great Bill Russell is working on a memoir about his friendship with the late Red Auerbach, the Boston Celtics coach for whom Russell starred on a long run of championship teams.

"Red and Me" will be published by HarperCollins in Spring 2009.

"Arnold Jacob Auerbach passed on Oct. 28, 2006 -- almost 50 years from when I joined his Boston Celtics," Russell said Monday in a statement. "I felt a tremendous sense of loss, a huge void in my life. There was an empty space in my psyche where a special person had been. I thought about that at Red's funeral. And the fact that there was no logical reason why we ever should've become friends, because we came from such diverse places. I thought about how much I missed his friendship."

Russell, 74, was the center and competitive heart for the great Celtic teams of the 1950s and 1960s, when other players included Bob Cousy, John Havlicek and Sam Jones.

sounds good.

Re: 'Red and Me,' Russell book on Auerbach, in works for '09 release
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 02:18:26 PM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3486497

Basketball great Bill Russell is working on a memoir about his friendship with the late Red Auerbach, the Boston Celtics coach for whom Russell starred on a long run of championship teams.

"Red and Me" will be published by HarperCollins in Spring 2009.

"Arnold Jacob Auerbach passed on Oct. 28, 2006 -- almost 50 years from when I joined his Boston Celtics," Russell said Monday in a statement. "I felt a tremendous sense of loss, a huge void in my life. There was an empty space in my psyche where a special person had been. I thought about that at Red's funeral. And the fact that there was no logical reason why we ever should've become friends, because we came from such diverse places. I thought about how much I missed his friendship."

Russell, 74, was the center and competitive heart for the great Celtic teams of the 1950s and 1960s, when other players included Bob Cousy, John Havlicek and Sam Jones.

sounds good.

Wicked excited about this book, I loved the book Red wrote with John Feinstien "Let Me Tell You a Story", highly suggest it to folks !!!!
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 02:27:29 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
well, i've never been the one to read books published by players... but i might just check this one out.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 02:29:42 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
If he writes as well as he tells a story I can not wait.  I can not wait to read and as I turn the pages think of his laugh and how he pauses when he tells a story.

I think Russell is the best.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.