Author Topic: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame  (Read 148945 times)

Re: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Is it true that everytime you get a star, an angel gets his wings?

See below:

Quote from: Celticsblog Rules
Discussion of . . .  religion . . .  should be confined to the Current Events Forum, a child board of the Off Topic Forum.

:D

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2009, 12:33:51 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
With voting I know I won't get into the HALL.  I am the scott the engineer of celtics blog. (Howard Stern fans will get that)Is the hall of fame a popularity contest? I mean just because no one likes me means I can't get in?  
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2009, 12:35:48 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
With voting I know I won't get into the HALL.  I am the scott the engineer of celtics blog. (Howard Stern fans will get that)Is the hall of fame a popularity contest? I mean just because no one likes me means I can't get in?  

it isnt about champzilla....its about celticsblog!

« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2009, 12:35:50 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

It shouldn't be a popularity contest.  The more important question for all members to ask (if they ever feel slighted) is, "What am I contributing to Celticsblog that makes me deserving of extra recognition by my peers?"

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

We haven't even officially put Jeff in the HOF thing yet. If you want to be dejected about not getting in, at least wait until you don't actually get in.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2009, 12:44:56 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Champzilla, this seems even more appropriate on a day like today:

"Ask NOT what Celticsblog can do for you, ask what you can do for Celticsblog."
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2009, 12:45:52 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Champzilla, this seems even more appropriate on a day like today:

"Ask NOT what Celticsblog can do for you, ask what you can do for Celticsblog."

LOL....TP for u!

« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

The people who are the most popular also generally contribute the most. 
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

The people who are the most popular also generally contribute the most. 

not just in quantity but in quality of their posts.  So posts IMO posts that are insightful and show thought are better than those that just poo-poo others ideas
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

“When you’re in town wearing some kind of a uniform is helpful. Policeman, priest, etc. Driving a tank is very impressive or a car with official lettering on the side. If that isn’t to your taste, you could join the revolution, wear an armband, carry a home-made flag tied to a broom handle or placard bearing an incendiary slogan. At the very least, you should wear a suit and carry a briefcase and a cellphone. Or a team jacket, a baseball cap, and a cell phone. If you’re in the woods, the back country, some place far from any human habitation, it is a good idea to wear orange…and carry a gun and, or depending on the season, a fishing pole or a camera with a big lens. Otherwise…I will wrap it up now very quickly…otherwise it might appear that you don’t know what you’re doing and you’re just wandering the earth, no particular reason for being here, no particular place to go. Thanks very much for this.”

see.....I am ready.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
My goal is just not to become the CelticsBlog equivalent of Pete Rose.  I will not bet on posts.

« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
My goal is just not to become the CelticsBlog equivalent of Pete Rose.  I will not bet on posts.

I bet you will... oops.

« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2009, 01:18:07 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Haha I already declared myself inelligable because I bet on my team this year in the CB draft!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
does getting into the HOF have any perks? free rounds of mini-golf wednesdays on Rt 1 or anything?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2009, 05:25:47 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Excessive use of scrolling text is an automatic disqualifier for ever being voted into the CBHOF.  ;D

;) Just kidding Edgar.   Or am I!!!???

Does voting for the Boxers help? I just want to point I had them in the play-offs and voted for them in the runoff vote.