Re: ROY
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I thought this was a thread about Mr. Hobbs!

I'll go with Mayo.  Not sure why, I just think he could be ridiculous if he clicks in the NBA.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 06:46:11 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
I think it'll ultimately be between Beasley and Mayo, with Beasley getting the slight edge based on name value and team record. Then Oden will fall in place right behind those two.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 06:46:43 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
this rookie class is impressive

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
which team they play for will make a difference as well. oden will be good, but the blazers have such talent that he probably wont get the numbers as rose or others might.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 06:52:18 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
I'm going on OJ Mayo, mostly because of his dunk from last week. Thats the kind of thought I put into these polls.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 06:53:56 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Mayo... he's going to be running free with Conley and Gay in Memphis.  Beasley will defer to Wade and Marion.  Oden/Bayless have too much talent around them.  Rose will struggle as most 1st year points do.  Don't see many others that will contend. 

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:34:09 PM »

Offline no kidding

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Please make a note of it: I flatly predict O.J. Mayo will be a big nothing in the NBA.  If I'm wrong, feel free to taunt away.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Please make a note of it: I flatly predict O.J. Mayo will be a big nothing in the NBA.  If I'm wrong, feel free to taunt away.

any time limit involved here? i mean can be begin to taunt the beezesus out of you after a week or so? or do we have to wait for a fews years to pass?  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
OJ Mayo. Combination of his all around game and the major minutes he'll get on a bad team.

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 07:55:23 PM »

Offline no kidding

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Give me at least three months on the Mayo prediction/taunting.  We'll need to work our way past the inconsequential, but limited number of crapola highlight dunks they'll show us on ESPN, and then through some of the fumbling around media stories where coaches and colleagues will start making excuses for him.  I figure around about January, Memphis officials will announce Mayo has a slight stress fracture, and will need to curtail his minutes. Meanwhile, they'll be burning up cell phones trying to trade the guy away.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »

Offline WillC

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
I'm rooting for Oden to get it, so I'll go with him. (Him being 47 years old gives him the experience advantage)

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 08:03:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Its Beasley's to lose just like it was Durant's to lose last season. Scorers always prosper, and Beasley is better than Mayo at "gettin buckets"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 08:12:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Oden.   he will get a lot of credit (probably deserving credit) of turning Portland into a solid playoff team, possible vying for a top 4 seed. 

His presence will allow Roy and Aldridge to take a big step in their development.

p.s.  I to thought this was about Roy Hobbs. 

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 08:32:05 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Oden.   he will get a lot of credit (probably deserving credit) of turning Portland into a solid playoff team, possible vying for a top 4 seed. 

His presence will allow Roy and Aldridge to take a big step in their development.

p.s.  I to thought this was about Roy Hobbs. 

I'm just not a fan of Oden being a rookie. >:( My vote is for Rose. He'll have the ball in his hands a lot.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird