Author Topic: Zach Randolph  (Read 11608 times)

Re: Zach Randolph
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 06:56:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
As I discussed with Soap earlier, the idea you share that Randolph could be productive under a good set of circumstances (what those are, I'm not sure) meets no dispute from me.  Soap has it right when he says that 20-10 guys don't grow on trees, and I'm sure you'd agree.  But -- in fairness to a point Soap made in a few other 'character' threads recently -- from what we know of him, a good lad?  Why?

-sw
Several of his coaches have said he's impressionable more than bad natured ... dating back to his high school coach ... and I believe that's a more accurate description. Just about every coach he's had has said he's a nice guy, they've all liked him.

The negative part of that is that he's a weak willed follower with zero leadership skills.

Re: Zach Randolph
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
As I discussed with Soap earlier, the idea you share that Randolph could be productive under a good set of circumstances (what those are, I'm not sure) meets no dispute from me.  Soap has it right when he says that 20-10 guys don't grow on trees, and I'm sure you'd agree.  But -- in fairness to a point Soap made in a few other 'character' threads recently -- from what we know of him, a good lad?  Why?

-sw
Several of his coaches have said he's impressionable more than bad natured ... dating back to his high school coach ... and I believe that's a more accurate description. Just about every coach he's had has said he's a nice guy, they've all liked him.

The negative part of that is that he's a weak willed follower with zero leadership skills.

This, combined with the fact that he isn't known to be a great teammate and has, shall we say, deserted his organization in an odd manner leaves me a bit unimpressed with him.

But fair enough, Who.  I've heard the same about his coaches, and I don't argue that point with you.  I think we'll ahve to agree to disagree on this one -- I'll be a bit more conservative with the 'good lad' label, but I understand where you're coming from.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.