Author Topic: Coaching Staff?  (Read 1441 times)

Coaching Staff?
« on: July 13, 2008, 09:05:45 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
With all the recent talk and excitement over the new Draft picks and Free Agent manuevering, we dont hear much about the future status of our coaching staff.

I think we all have to agree that signing a kid like Patrick O'Bryant is based at least partially on the theory that Clifford Ray can get something out of him that wasnt there at Golden State. I hope so too, boy do I hope so.

The resigning of James Posey is huge from a defensive standpoint, as is the acquisition of a few free agents yo shore up our bench. I guess at least PJ Brown will not start the year with us and Sam Cassell, Eddie House, Scot Pollard, Tony Allen have not been resigned.

Point is, have we gotten any indication that Tom T or Clifford Ray have been re-signed? What about Kevin Eastman? Doc Rivers? Armond Hill? Anyone know if we have deals in place for these guys?

They will be just important to our next few years as any Free Agent or Draft Pick. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

Re: Coaching Staff?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:38:42 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
There's some speculation that Doc will finish out his contract this year and then retire. Tom Thibodeau is rumored to replace him. Still others are suggesting that Tommy T is a lifetime assistant.

Bottom line is that there does not appear to be much concern in the press about the status of the assistant coaches other than Thibodeau.  Most of what is mentioned about him is disbelief that he was not interviewed by anyone.

So, judging by 'lack' of information would suggest the coaching staff comes back intact next year, though personally I would really like to see some kind of offensive mind that can match Thibodeau's defensive one.

Re: Coaching Staff?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 09:48:21 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
the organization is worrying about the coaching staff one season at a time. the biggest worry we as fans had was that tom would leave us after this season for a head coaching position but all the positions seem to be filled up already for the released coaches so we won't have to worry.

Become Legendary.