Author Topic: Rumor: WFAN reports Posey is gone?  (Read 16855 times)

Re: Rumor: WFAN reports Posey is gone?
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 11:48:44 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I'm starting to think that they might need Posey with the MLE for the best run in 2008-2009, or else I don't see them winning it all, barring extreme breakout seasons from one of the non-big 3. Now that most of the other MLE (partly) deserving free agents are almost gone. We probably don't really need Dooling at his price.

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 04:24:33 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
When contemplating the bench and any changes or drop off if Posey is lost keep in mind: Posey got most of his minutes at PF spot, the rest at SF, and almost none at SG. My primary concern then is insurance for a Rondo injury and backup for the wing spots, specifically Ray Allen's minutes - as I think its reasonable to fill the non-starter C/PF minutes with BBD and/or Powe and avoid small ball.

Our greatest need really depends on how well Pruitt could step in and start or play for Rondo in the case of injury, foul trouble, or a team that pressures very well when Rondo is out. Assuming Pruitt could handle that rare occurrence, but is not capable of being a rotation guy at SG yet, then it's more urgent to find a wing that plays SG - something Posey didn't do well two years ago, or at all last year.

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2008, 05:16:31 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
When contemplating the bench and any changes or drop off if Posey is lost keep in mind: Posey got most of his minutes at PF spot, the rest at SF, and almost none at SG. My primary concern then is insurance for a Rondo injury and backup for the wing spots, specifically Ray Allen's minutes - as I think its reasonable to fill the non-starter C/PF minutes with BBD and/or Powe and avoid small ball.

Our greatest need really depends on how well Pruitt could step in and start or play for Rondo in the case of injury, foul trouble, or a team that pressures very well when Rondo is out. Assuming Pruitt could handle that rare occurrence, but is not capable of being a rotation guy at SG yet, then it's more urgent to find a wing that plays SG - something Posey didn't do well two years ago, or at all last year.

Regardless of position, Posey played defense on the opposing current best player during nearly all his minutes on the floor. Lebron, Kobe, Rip, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Lamar Odom, it did not and does not matter. His ability to guard 3+ positions is his real value, not his perceived minutes at a given position. That ability took tremendous pressure off our big three and is why Pierce and Ray have spoken out for him to be resigned.  8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2008, 06:10:03 PM »

Offline cmburrill

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
   Posey's agent is quoted as saying a day or two. I looked up and down New Orleans news sites for info, it appears that they have the same offer MLE...only way i would leave Boston if i were him would be the 4th year. Im not too sure if NO is in that mind frame yet. They dont have a window of oppurtunity because of  the core age of the team. Cleveland is also involved but they have Gibson(Lebron is pulling for him) to deal with now and a huge fish to sign next year. I found less info on Ferry's desire to sign Posey versus NO's. Posey was born in Ohio lives in Texas in the off season, so I dont believe it's an issue. Washington seems unlikly, they need caps relief to sign him, and GS is signing  everyone between 6'5" and 6'9", despite needing a center and pg.

From every source I could find...I seems it's us or the Hornets, with Posey seeking a 4th year.

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2008, 06:28:14 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
  :'( ::) :P ;)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"