Author Topic: Rumor: WFAN reports Posey is gone?  (Read 16877 times)

Re: WFAN reports Posey is gone
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
So is this true?
CROTOR confirmed it, omg!  :o

now THIS is a confirmation...haven't heard from him in awhile... :)

if this rumor is true, then so be it...life moves on.  honestly, i'm sick of hearing so much about this guy and the "4th year conspiracy."  if he goes, he goes...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Re: Rumor: WFAN reports Posey is gone?
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 07:15:33 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
bringing back memories of celtics thug  ;D

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
I just awoke from a nap..and in my nap I was back in NY listening to the FAN and they said the Chief is thinking of coming out of retirement to replace Posey and Posey is going to sign a 8 year deal with 2 player options with the Grizzlies!

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
This may be a bogus rumor, but the chances of Posey returning to the Celtics decrease with each passing day.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 07:47:44 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
bringing back memories of celtics thug  ;D

Hey... You watch that tongue. We're still going to get Rashard Lewis, Antoine Walker, and A-Rod is going to the Red Sox. However, any potential KG deal with Boston, he tells me, is completely dead and he is already shopping for a home in the Bay Area.

Ok, seriously though... I remember how all that garbage started. He made a post in all caps on RealGM saying the C's would get the 5th pick and suddenly he's a prophet.

Ugh... And his grammar and spelling and overall knowledge of everything was just so terrible. How could anyone believe that crap?

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 08:05:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2716
This may be a bogus rumor, but the chances of Posey returning to the Celtics decrease with each passing day.

based on what exactly? I just see his potential suitors spending their money on other players while he waits, and the celtics wait for him. It may turn out to bite us in the end, but in no way do our chances of keeping him decrease each day

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 08:07:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I actually think they are constantly increasing.  It is clear that Danny has drawn a line in the sand.  They simply are not going to give Posey what he is looking for.  However, every passing day says that no one else is giving him it either.  Right now, two things could happen, another team will cave, and give Posey the money, or Posey will come back to the C's.  Each day that passes probably moves Posey closer and closer to Boston as the realization sinks in that he is not getting what he wants elsewhere.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I agree, Chris.

Nonetheless, the spectre of adding the Walking Cadaver, Patrick O'Blount, and letting Posey walk are two steps in a pretty doggone bleak off-season.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 08:22:46 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 738
'Danny has drawn a line in the sand'

you may be correct that Ainge has made Posey his last offer - take it or leave it .......... if true, it seems to be that Danny Boy is working this summer in direct contradiction with what he did last summer, which was to make two suicidal all-or-nothing trades for an immediate title.

thankfully, it worked out - but to now start operating from a 'we gotta protect our future' perspective works against the very talented but aging team that we have. you got Ray Ray & KG to win now - so other decisions should be in concert with that philosophy. in other words - give Posey the 4th year as a reward for getting us over the top and help facilitate the chances of another banner from this bunch before we rebuild in 4 years anyway.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 08:24:30 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I agree, Chris.

Nonetheless, the spectre of adding the Walking Cadaver, Patrick O'Blount, and letting Posey walk are two steps in a pretty doggone bleak off-season.

We just won the NBA Finals...short of career ending injuries to two of the big 3, I don't know if a "bleak" offseason is possible.  Maybe its not ideal, but as long as the big 3 are here, we are still in pretty [dang] good shape.

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 08:27:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
'Danny has drawn a line in the sand'

you may be correct that Ainge has made Posey his last offer - take it or leave it .......... if true, it seems to be that Danny Boy is working this summer in direct contradiction with what he did last summer, which was to make two suicidal all-or-nothing trades for an immediate title.

thankfully, it worked out - but to now start operating from a 'we gotta protect our future' perspective works against the very talented but aging team that we have. you got Ray Ray & KG to win now - so other decisions should be in concert with that philosophy. in other words - give Posey the 4th year as a reward for getting us over the top and help facilitate the chances of another banner from this bunch before we rebuild in 4 years anyway.

You are comparing going all in for 2 likely hall of famers still in the primes of their career with not budging on giving a bench player a contract which is (arguably) overpaying?  Come on now, major difference.

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 08:35:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2716
I agree, Chris.

We just won the NBA Finals...short of career ending injuries to two of the big 3, I don't know if a "bleak" offseason is possible.  Maybe its not ideal, but as long as the big 3 are here, we are still in pretty [dang] good shape.

exactly, this is nothing to get bent out of shape over, we still have all of our starters from our championship team, no need to panic, It is also good to try to get younger rather than older now that Perk and Rondo are championship veterans rather than young question marks.

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 08:58:19 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 738
chris - i would say giving your most important bench guy an extra year on a $5-6 mill/year contract is about the same on a smaller scale as going all in for Allen & Garnett. seems about equivalent to me.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 09:02:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I agree, Chris.

exactly, this is nothing to get bent out of shape over, we still have all of our starters from our championship team, no need to panic, It is also good to try to get younger rather than older now that Perk and Rondo are championship veterans rather than young question marks.

I think it's fair to say that without Posey, P.J., and House we don't win the championship last year.  If we lose those guys, and their replacements are, say, Paddy O'Blount, Boki Nachbar, and Tyrone Lue, I don't really like our chances of repeating.

Hopefully Posey comes back, we resign House, and Danny comes to his senses and finds a legit backup big man.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
The one thing I think people are overlooking with this Posey thing is that Rondo and Perk both figure to be better next season than they were this past year.  You may not replace all of what Posey gives you, but when you look at the overall picture, you still can wind up with a stronger team and no Posey -- if Danny makes the right moves.