Author Topic: Celtics considering Arroyo?  (Read 14151 times)

Re: Celtics considering Arroyo?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I think Arroyo is focused on the Olympics right now and if he has an impressive showing he could get a pretty sweet deal from a team in need of a PG. I think he might be too expensive for our tastes.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I think Arroyo is focused on the Olympics right now and if he has an impressive showing he could get a pretty sweet deal from a team in need of a PG. I think he might be too expensive for our tastes.

Maybe he wants a ring and will sign for less.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 05:31:40 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Ballhog with poor defense and the ability to make some flashy passes. Doesn't provide spacing and he'd fit better in a running team. We could do worse, but we can do much better.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 05:32:26 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Ballhog with poor defense and the ability to make some flashy passes. Doesn't provide spacing and he'd fit better in a running team. We could do worse, but we can do much better.

Not this year.  There isn't anyone better who is unrestricted.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 05:35:25 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Agreed

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'm really getting tired of hearing "KG will make..." so and so do this and that. KG can't make anyone do anything. He's a solid veteran presence who can motivate teammates, but he can't stop a nut from being a nut(rick davis)and he can't stop slackers from being slackers (blount).

All the team can do is create the type of enviroment they want and hope new players catch on.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 02:08:13 AM »

Offline JollyGreen17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
I never can forget the FIBA games wear he torched the US team. He was clearly the best player on the court that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1iW-oqYnMs

nice travel on that last play of the clip...

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 02:32:30 AM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
I'm really getting tired of hearing "KG will make..." so and so do this and that. KG can't make anyone do anything. He's a solid veteran presence who can motivate teammates, but he can't stop a nut from being a nut(rick davis)and he can't stop slackers from being slackers (blount).

All the team can do is create the type of enviroment they want and hope new players catch on.

Yea, I'm going to have to agree with this, KG is not gonna save POB from being a stiff, POB can only do that. KG screaming at him isn't going to do anything, hes got to want it himself. KG can't control anyone off the court, and like you said he can't stop a nut from being a nut

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 02:33:46 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Not bad, the Celtics could do a lot worse than Arroyo.

Agreed.  For a backup PG, the Cs could do worse.  Would he be willing to take the LLE?  He should be able to get more elsewhere....

Arroyo is a nice player. I'd like a little bigger guard to be blunt to complement Rondo, but I could live with him at the LLE especially if he reverts to his pass first ways. 

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 03:18:10 AM »

Offline celt4ever

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 2
wao i always seeing arroyo play for puerto rico and not very good fan of him he hold too much the ball he play great when he has the ball in his hand like nash style and for me i don't like the holding the ball too much time for other side he does not make turnover great handling
let see what happens i preffer house

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 03:19:28 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Not bad, the Celtics could do a lot worse than Arroyo.

Agreed.  For a backup PG, the Cs could do worse.  Would he be willing to take the LLE?  He should be able to get more elsewhere....

Arroyo is a nice player. I'd like a little bigger guard to be blunt to complement Rondo, but I could live with him at the LLE especially if he reverts to his pass first ways. 

I like Carlitos, and I'm not worried about his distribution problems. He likes to get to the paint area, and that's something to like... and when you surround him with the players like we have, he should have no problem moving the ball around. I see little problems to worry with him on the offensive side. Also, from the second unit we'd mostly want guys that try to make things happen and put the ball in the basket. That's the problem with House, that with less offensively skilled players in the floor, his strengths couldn't be used much and his weaknesses were magnified and our offense went stagnant at times because of it (relying too much on the 3 and half court offense with the bench). House is great with our main unit though because they can thrive in the half-court sets, and they don't really need a PG to create shots on occassions (his spacing worked wonders for them though). With the bench though, a PG that can create will be good to have.

I do worry about his defensive side though... but I can see him being the sort of pest House for us last year.

But as you say, I would preffer a bigger guard to be around.

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 03:32:54 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I never can forget the FIBA games wear he torched the US team. He was clearly the best player on the court that day.

nice travel on that last play of the clip...

Hard to tell. Doesn't he land on both feet after the jump stop?

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 03:37:27 AM »

Offline celt4ever

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 2
i was reading the newa paper of puerto rico.  http://www.elnuevodia.com/diario/noticia/baloncesto/deportes/interes_de_los_celtics_en_carlos_arroyo/429291  that orlando, miami, denver, cleveland, golden state and boston ask for his services. he is not going to get a 4 mill x year again so if i were him i come to the celtics for cheap to get a ring why not?

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 03:55:13 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

that ballfake on amare was just downright dirty. would not mind arroyo on this team at all. excellent running the pick and roll.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 06:00:55 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I'd love to have Arroyo in the greens, one of the best point guards still available, might just be the thing we need.
Anything is possible!!!