Author Topic: Where to send Lamar Odom...  (Read 3611 times)

Where to send Lamar Odom...
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:16:04 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Odom should not end up in a Lakers uniform again. As much as I am glad to see the Celtics win a ring, It's hard to say how it all would have played out if Bynum was there and Odom wasn't retarded in the triangle system. Miami is in rebuilding phase of some sort after getting great draft picks, so maybe it's time for Odom to come back home. Miami gets Odom back, and LA gets Marion. Seems like a fair trade for expiring contracts to both teams...Or the other speculated trade of Odom to Sacramento for Artest and Kenny Thomas...I doubt the Kings would want to fix all the problems for a divison rival though. Last scenario..Odom goes back to the other LA team with Radmanovic & Vujacic in exchange for Tim Thomas, Mobley, and a sign-n-trade of Posey? That would put a twist to both LA squads:

Lakers 5 - Fisher, Bryant, Posey, Gasol, Bynum - 6th man Tim Thomas/Mobley
Clippers 5 - BDavis, Vujacic, Thorton, Odom, Kaman - 6th man Radmanovic
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: Where to send Lamar Odom...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:22:29 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Good post but all I have to
say is this:

;)
I just couldn't resist.
And I just can't forget
how Odom carried himself against Ray...

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 11:31:35 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
When I think of Odom vs. Allen in that series, I remember in game ....6, when Ray drives in for a layup, windmills it, gets jabbed in the eye by Odom, makes the shot, and still didn't get a call by the refs..Thank god the Celts were able to play through some of the awful officiating by the refs. which bring to another post...
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 11:38:18 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Odom goes back to the other LA team with Radmanovic & Vujacic in exchange for Tim Thomas, Mobley, and a sign-n-trade of Posey? That would put a twist to both LA squads:

Lakers 5 - Fisher, Bryant, Posey, Gasol, Bynum - 6th man Tim Thomas/Mobley
Clippers 5 - BDavis, Vujacic, Thorton, Odom, Kaman - 6th man Radmanovic

I'm not a capologist, but I'm pretty sure that you can't do a sign and trade with a newly acquired FA - only with your own restricted FAs.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:42:50 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
That sounds right...so instead of Posey, resign Livingston and add in Farmar in the trade

Lakers 5 - Fisher, Mobley, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum - Livingston and TThomas (Maybe then the Lakers could sign Posey MLE)
Clips 5 - Davis, Vujacic, Thorton, Odom, Kaman - Radmanovic
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 12:09:34 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
When I think of Odom vs. Allen in that series, I remember in game ....6, when Ray drives in for a layup, windmills it, gets jabbed in the eye by Odom, makes the shot, and still didn't get a call by the refs..Thank god the Celts were able to play through some of the awful officiating by the refs. which bring to another post...

Exacterino.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
To a tough man camp... What a softy. Waste of great talent...

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:17:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
To GSW for Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington. Clears cap space for Golden State and gives them a player who's easily be their best interior player. Lakers get their defensive small forward and another scorer with range plus a top reserve combo forward who provides much of the same again. Both experienced and tough.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 01:56:37 PM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
Odom is too dirty for my liking!

I don't care for that type of player.

He should be in the NFl not NBA.
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird