Author Topic: Championship DVD on Blu-ray?  (Read 2265 times)

Championship DVD on Blu-ray?
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:30:44 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
Has anyone heard any rumors about the championship DVD being released on Blu-ray anytime in the future? I want the DVD and my player will upconvert it but nothing beats that full 1080p you know? If I know it's coming out on Blu-ray then I'll hold off on buying it.

Re: Championship DVD on Blu-ray?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:33:46 AM »

Offline bleedinggreen34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I haven't heard of a championship DVD yet, period - aside from the SI one.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:40:53 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'm talking about this one that's being released on 7/15.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3125270&cp=3160071.3161208&parentPage=family

Posey's agent: No news
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Marc J. Spears, Globe Staff July 10, 2008 05:31 PM

Mark Bartelstein, the agent for Celtics forward James Posey, said there was nothing new to report regarding the free agent.

Teams interested in Posey include the Celtics, Cavaliers, Hornets, Pistons, and Lakers. Although a return to the Celtics is seen as appealing, Posey is a Cleveland native who expressed disappointment earlier this year that the Cavaliers didn’t pursue him last offseason.

Other Celtic free agents include guards Eddie House, Sam Cassell and Tony Allen, forward-center P.J. Brown (who is expected to retire), and center Scot Pollard.

Posey has yet to talk publicly about his situation. But Posey and teammates House, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, and Leon Powe are scheduled to be on hand Monday night for the screening of Warner Home Video’s ‘‘2007-2008 NBA Champions: The Boston Celtics DVD.’’ The DVD will be in stores Tuesday.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:02:59 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
So I guess all we know is that it's coming out on the 15th...no word of a Blu-ray release apparently  :(

Kinda sux a little but I'll probably get the DVD regardless.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 04:56:21 AM »

Offline MiniBird

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Anyone got this yet?

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 07:52:48 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Anyone got this yet?

I have the standard DVD, but i plan on picking up the Blu Ray.  It's weird...i've seen the blu ray on bestbuy.com but haven't seen it anywhere else.  I believe it's $29.99 at Best Buy.