Author Topic: Brent Barry signs with Rockets.  (Read 2320 times)

Brent Barry signs with Rockets.
« on: July 11, 2008, 01:13:01 AM »

Offline MaxwellSmart

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

Re: Brent Barry signs with Rockets.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:25:48 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
This is actually great news for us.

Signing Barry puts the Rockets right at the Luxury tax level this year and fairly close to it already for the following year.

So i think this effectively takes the Rockets out of the hunt for Posey.

IMO, the only 2 teams that have a chance at Posey are New Orleans and Detroit. Signing Posey at the full MLE would put LA Fakers and Cleveland $11M and $14-20M over the luxury tax respectively.  Would they really do that for Posey?

I doubt it.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 02:00:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Rockets gave him the LLE. Good signing. Brent Barry provides them some insurance while Donte Greene learns his way in this league.

Article in the Chronicle says the Rockets plan on using Barry as their first guy off the bench so that definitely takes them out of the Posey sweepstakes.

Rockets look very solid now. They've got the balance and quality required to contend. Now all they need is the health. It would be great to see this team have a playoff run. Lousy painstaking luck the past 5 years.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 02:21:13 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

Rockets look very solid now. They've got the balance and quality required to contend. Now all they need is the health. It would be great to see this team have a playoff run. Lousy painstaking luck the past 5 years.

You call it lousy painstaking luck. I call it Tracy McGrady being repeatedly unable to deliver in big moments. 7 First Round Knockouts and counting....sorry, there's only so much that luck dictates.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 09:02:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i thought we may have had a chance of getting barry.  i know ainge loves his game.