Author Topic: Is Antoine a valid option?  (Read 16767 times)

Re: Is Antoine a valid option?
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 06:01:31 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Scal > Toine at this point. Believe it..

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2008, 06:33:21 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
We really shouldn't be comparing Toine to Scal. If we lose out on Posey and choose not to resign Tony Allen, Scal is the next "vet off the bench".

I'd rather have Toine at the vet minimum instead of Scal.

What can Scal bring to the table more than Toine.

That answer would be nothing! unless we are counting fouling the other team a skill.

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2008, 09:04:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We really shouldn't be comparing Toine to Scal. If we lose out on Posey and choose not to resign Tony Allen, Scal is the next "vet off the bench".

I'd rather have Toine at the vet minimum instead of Scal.

What can Scal bring to the table more than Toine.

That answer would be nothing! unless we are counting fouling the other team a skill.
That he is a 15th player on a 15 man roster who will act like a 15th player on a 15 man roster.

I think we all know, Antoine lovers and Antoine detractors alike that Antoine has a large ego and emotional personality that he wears on his sleeve. It is the reason why so many of us love him.

But expecting Antoine to be a good boy on the end of the bench or in street clothes because he isn't activated, smiling away, joking around, keeping morale up, cheering the team on just enjoying the trip that the top 12 players on this club will take him on is a trip down fairytale lane and we all know it.

He will soon be sitting sullenly wondering why he isn't playing, pouts will be all the rage from his corner. Sooner or later, a seemingly innocuous comment will come forth wondering why he isn't dressed or playing. One guy on the bench goes into an extended slump of poor play and it's on.

We all know where we go from there.

Does this team need this possible scenario? We all know it is possible for it to happen. So why even chance it by bringing Antoine in when we know Scal won't act that way?

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 01:54:12 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
What if you need your "15th man" to do more and be something better than the "15th man"?

Toine can do that better than Scal.

Also if people are thinking about bringing in Starbury before Toine....WOW!

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 02:07:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What if you need your "15th man" to do more and be something better than the "15th man"?

Toine can do that better than Scal.

Also if people are thinking about bringing in Starbury before Toine....WOW!

Please list for me all the teams that made it into the Conference Finals of either conference in the last 25 years that needed their 15th player to be more than their 15th player.

If you can give me one name on one of those 100 teams that was a 15th player and then became something significant because that team needed him to, I will never post anti Antoine in another "Bring back Antoine" thread ever again.

I never break a promise and you now have mine.