Author Topic: Is Antoine a valid option?  (Read 16677 times)

Re: Is Antoine a valid option?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2008, 11:23:06 AM »

Offline Bring Back Antoine

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Well I for one think it would be a great idea to bring back one of the greatest celtics 3-pt men (behind walter mccarty) for a cheap price.

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 11:38:37 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
It is summer, I am bored, I haven't posted for a while, so.....here goes....I would rather keep Scalabrine than bring back Walker.   Maybe this thread will reach four pages?   :-\
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Clifford Ray can work on his conditioning, and teach him to use post moves.

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Antoine can still play, he just needs consistent minutes....which he won't get here in Boston.

I hear the Clippers need a "Big Man"....they should trade for Toine.

It could be BD to Tippy for 3's on the West Side....

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Clifford Ray can work on his conditioning, and teach him to use post moves.

when antoine is willing to go into to the post, he actually has a few post moves - and his little half hook has a quick release, it can be a weapon

I think many of us fondly remember when Walker was traded back here, from Atlanta, how well he played because he was enthusiastic, motivated and played with his back to the basket in the post - it was a thing of beauty - can he replicate that, or will he fall into old habits? I'd go with old habits at this point in his career, but I think the glowing hope that he can replicate his previous awesomeness brings some nostalgia to our hearts

Or you can just hate him, as half of the board does...either way
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
It is summer, I am bored, I haven't posted for a while, so.....here goes....I would rather keep Scalabrine than bring back Walker.   Maybe this thread will reach four pages?   :-\
I don't know why Antoine Walkers name is mentioned over & over
he isn't as good as davis, powe OR SCAL

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
"Toine's lustre FINAllY wearing off'?" Well, I wont comment on this one. lololol. Does "lustre" mean what I think it means? lololololololol. Like Blount's lustre?????? At least we are having a laugh during this excruciating wait about what will finally happen with Possey.   
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

that's just not nice, to say he's not as good as Scal...

a couple of lines from games this year: I don't think Scal could do this one his best day:

Vs. Denver 24 pts, 5 rebounds - 9/17 shooting 4/8 from 3pt
vs. Ind.   23 pts, 5 rebounds - 7/15 shooting, 6/10 from 3pt
vs. GSW    26 pts, 10 rebounds - 10/15 shooting, 4/7 from 3pt

he still has some game left, and did ok in a very limited role in Minn. He's better than scal
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2008, 03:20:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I love these Antoine threads.  No other player is such a divisive  issue on this board. Even when he was playing the best ball of his career people were split on him. A lot of it came down to if you liked the wiggle a lot. The old school basketball purists didn't like his on court antics saying they detracted from the game. The new school people thought the way it brought the attention of the crowd had a great entertainment value. The way he shot 3's upset basketball purists who want their fours under the hoop. The youngsters grew up in a generation where everyone likes to shoot threes.

In my opinion what can't be argued is his love of the Boston Celtics. IMO he always cared about winning and more importantly cared about the Boston Celtics winning. The man bleeds green and if we can get him at the min, have him come in as the 12th man where anything he gives us is a bonus why not bring him back?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2008, 04:16:39 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If we lose Posey and we have to give a guy 25 minutes, I'd rather give it to Toine than a player like Scal.

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
If we lose Posey and we have to give a guy 25 minutes, I'd rather give it to Toine than a player like Scal.

I'd agree with that.  However, as much as I loved Toine in the past and as much as I'm freaking out about the possibility of Posey leaving, I think Danny will be able to acquire enough talent via free agency to prevent Scalabrine from getting 25 mpg. 

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

that's just not nice, to say he's not as good as Scal...

a couple of lines from games this year: I don't think Scal could do this one his best day:

Vs. Denver 24 pts, 5 rebounds - 9/17 shooting 4/8 from 3pt
vs. Ind.   23 pts, 5 rebounds - 7/15 shooting, 6/10 from 3pt
vs. GSW    26 pts, 10 rebounds - 10/15 shooting, 4/7 from 3pt

he still has some game left, and did ok in a very limited role in Minn. He's better than scal
In walkers prime he was not a good defender, somehow and I'm really not sure Scal has shown to defend.  Scal is not me shoot first sort of guy, he does whatever the team needs.

I'd agree with that.  However, as much as I loved Toine in the past and as much as I'm freaking out about the possibility of Posey leaving, I think Danny will be able to acquire enough talent via free agency to prevent Scalabrine from getting 25 mpg. 
Scal would never get the 25 mpg, tony allen should be getting some sf minutes, powe and davis will be getting more minutes.  I assume we are talking about walker as one of the last guys off the bench , correct?

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 10:33:28 AM »

Offline Bring Back Antoine

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I don't think Toine would be down for being one of the last guys off the bench. He probably still thinks he's a premier 3-pt shooter.

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2008, 10:41:07 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't think Toine would be down for being one of the last guys off the bench. He probably still thinks he's a premier 3-pt shooter.

That should be one of any teams biggest fears when signing Antoine.  Antoine is also an overrated rebounder.  A lot of his rebounds are from his own misses. :-\
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson