Author Topic: Wall-E is the best Pixar movie to date  (Read 6133 times)

Wall-E is the best Pixar movie to date
« on: July 10, 2008, 02:32:27 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
This was a great film and I mean film. It is a total masterpiece. It is one of the greatest animated films of all times and I think it could be one of the best films of this decade. Please see this movie and do not give your money to 'Handcock'. It's rare when the Hollywood machine and production pipeline can come together from top to bottom and create a great film.

This is classic film-making it's action driven and character driven. It is classic animation with great gestures and fluid motions. I could care less it's a "kids" movie, if I had kids I wish they would only watch something this great.. GO SEE IT!

Re: Wall-E is the best Pixar movie to date
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
This was a great film and I mean film. It is a total masterpiece. It is one of the greatest animated films of all times and I think it could be one of the best films of this decade. Please see this movie and do not give your money to 'Handcock'. It's rare when the Hollywood machine and production pipeline can come together from top to bottom and create a great film.

This is classic film-making it's action driven and character driven. It is classic animation with great gestures and fluid motions. I could care less it's a "kids" movie, if I had kids I wish they would only watch something this great.. GO SEE IT!

My kids 100% agree!!

(as do I)
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »

Offline Green Mountain

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
I took my daughter to it yesterday. We both liked it alot. Monster's Inc. is still my favorite though.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
It was pretty good, but I think the Incredibles is a better movie

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
It's third on my list in terms of pixar movies.  I thought it was very good.

Toy Story is still number 1 for me with Ice Age being number 2.  Wall-E is a close 3 though and the Incredibles are number 4.

I still think that Finding Nemo is one of the most overrated movies of all time and I just didn't think Monsters Inc. was that funny.  I only saw it once, but I remember not laughing alot.  It was meant to be funny too and I just didn't think it was funny.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
It's third on my list in terms of pixar movies.  I thought it was very good.

Toy Story is still number 1 for me with Ice Age being number 2.  Wall-E is a close 3 though and the Incredibles are number 4.

I still think that Finding Nemo is one of the most overrated movies of all time and I just didn't think Monsters Inc. was that funny.  I only saw it once, but I remember not laughing alot.  It was meant to be funny too and I just didn't think it was funny.

Ice Age was not Pixar

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
They had a huge interview with the lead animator or directer or something on NPR's "Fresh Air" today. It was really interesting..the guy who did all the noises for star wars did the voices for this one.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:37:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yeh, I was surprised by how good it was.  Though I also got a little sad watching it with my kids.  The whole "future is grim" thing is tougher for me to stomach with the wee ones.
Yup

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
my friend's son works for Pixar and has worked on the last few movies (visual effects) and said last week that WALL-E is their most amazing piece, but that The Incredibles was the most fun to make.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 04:04:51 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
I would agree with that. Cars was difficult to work on -- lots of last minute changes.

"Up" is scheduled for next Summer and will be a lot of fun.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 04:06:35 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I never even heard of the movie (don't watch TV too much except for sports and Weeds ;D) so I thought this was about Wally Z being in a movie. Duh!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I agree it's the best Pixar movie yet.  Very very good.

It's also the reason I decided to stop dating the most recent girl I was seeing.   She hated Wall-E.  She said it was extremely boring.  She told all her friends to avoid it.  Then two days later she forced me to sit through that giant lump of turd called "The Love Guru".  She claimed it was hilarious and plans on buying the DVD as soon as it comes out.

That's all I needed to know about her.  Next, please.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I loved Wall-E, and recommend people go see it. But for those who think it is Pixar's best film to date, please rewatch The Incredibles and definitely Finding Nemo. Those films are near perfect.

Wall-E flaw is that the story gets a little muddy, and a fair number of kids get confused as to what is going on once we get to the space station.

I rank it number 3 from Pixar. Excellent, excellent film though. I'm proud of them for pushing a story like that out to the masses.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 04:18:32 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I hate to disagree but I did not really think Wall-E was anything more than another cookie cutter Pixar animation film.  That doesn't mean it was bad. However, I think this film is being drastically overrated.  I have seen the ratings of 4-5 stars and a 97% on RT.  Wall-E is not even one of the best animated films and the high reviews would lead one to think that it is comparable to the Godfather.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 04:48:48 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I loved Wall*E.  Awesome flick.  I would still place it 2nd behind Incredibles though, which is a supremely phenomenal movie.

Toy Story is pretty cool.  And Monsters Inc is great too.  Nemo is overrated IMHO.