Author Topic: Clipper renounce the rights to 5 players  (Read 4982 times)

Clipper renounce the rights to 5 players
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3481262

The Los Angeles Clippers said Wednesday that they had renounced their rights to Shaun Livingston, the recuperating guard who is an unrestricted free agent, and four other players.

The other players are Dan Dickau, Boniface Ndong, Smush Parker and James Singleton.

Anyone else interested in Dickau as vet min backup PG?

Re: Clipper renounce the rights to 5 players
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:12:31 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I like Smush as a backup. :o
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »

Offline serpico

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
I think that Dickau would fill Cassels role nicely.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:15:34 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

The Los Angeles Clippers said Wednesday that they had renounced their rights to Shaun Livingston, the recuperating guard who is an unrestricted free agent, and four other players.

The other players are Dan Dickau, Boniface Ndong, Smush Parker and James Singleton.

If every other person on the face of the planet was unavailable? Then...still no actually.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:15:50 AM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Isn't it strange that out of the 300 players in the NBA, the Clippers had the ONLY 2 (Dickau & Brand) with ruptured achilles tendons in the last 2 seasons?  I mean, does that strike anyone else as very odd? 

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
No to all of them, including Livingston.  Livingston will have to go to the D-league or Europe for awhile to prove that his knee is sound enough for a team to take a chance on him.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:20:55 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i cannot believe there is a player named Boniface Ndong in the NBA and i never knew until now.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:21:37 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Isn't it strange that out of the 300 players in the NBA, the Clippers had the ONLY 2 (Dickau & Brand) with ruptured achilles tendons in the last 2 seasons?  I mean, does that strike anyone else as very odd? 

Not if you know the history of the Clippers.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:22:11 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Yuk!

Sign Eddie House ASAP before he's no longer available!  At least Eddie has shown he can play some defense.  Dan Dickau? LOL
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 11:29:47 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think that Dickau would fill Cassels role nicely.
Dickau was a favorite whipping boy in these boards when he was here due to his non-existent defense.  On the other hand, the guy shoots 90% from the line which would be a nice bonus if Rondo wasn't on the floor late in games plus he can handle the ball and hit 3's.  I'd take him as insurance against Pruitt not being able to cut it this year.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 11:32:43 AM »

Offline Celtic_E

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
The Clippers cut Dan Dickau??? :o

Seriously though, none of the Clippers' recently dumped players interest me. IMO, the Clippers are the biggest joke in the league right now in light of the recent Elton Brand fiasco. I don't think it is a good idea to go through their garbage at this point. These players were dumped for a good reason.

As for Dan Dickau, I don't think he would make it through practice with the Celtics cause he doesn't play DEFENSE! If you guys were complaining about Cassell's D, then meet the barometer of poor defense for point guards in this league. This guy couldn't guard a sofa remember?  :)

Shaun Livingston is a certified damaged good. The Clippers renouncing his rights just confirms this. His freak injury still gives me the creeps until now.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 11:35:56 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
No to all of them, including Livingston.  Livingston will have to go to the D-league or Europe for awhile to prove that his knee is sound enough for a team to take a chance on him.

A NBA team will take a chance on him. He might just have to wait until October.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

A NBA team will take a chance on him. He might just have to wait until October.

I would have said that a couple years ago, when I was absolutely sure someone would give Jay Williams a chance...and at least he was cleared to actually play basketball.

I think Livingston is going to have to earn his way into a contract.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 11:58:41 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47

Yuk!

Sign Eddie House ASAP before he's no longer available!  At least Eddie has shown he can play some defense.  Dan Dickau? LOL

I hear ya. All these guys are 3rd stringers, with the exception of possibly Livingston. House is our best option.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
I hope they NEVER sign Dickeau. I think he's worse than Cassel!