Author Topic: Ink Eddie House NOW  (Read 2444 times)

Ink Eddie House NOW
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:43:43 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Theres a lot going on with James Posey right now and I think a lot of people are forgetting about Eddie House. House brought instant energy and offense off the bench all year last season. Signing him would be a step in the right direction. House brings a veteran presence and is just as good as any PG on the market right now.

When we traded for Ray Allen on draft night last year it opened things up for KG. I think signing House will have a similar effect on James Posey. Its time to bring the veterans back and gear up for next season.

Re: Ink Eddie House NOW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:49:04 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I don't know about it having the same effect on Posey as Ray did on KG, but I agree with you.  I want to sign this guy early in the free agency period.  It shouldn't take long or be a difficult process.  Give him a contract, and give the team the energy and enthusiasm and spark on the bench.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea, eddie isn't exactly something we need to rush on, he's not a guy who's going to draw a ton of MLE interest. we'll be able to address him and TA after pose.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:03:32 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Poseys agent wants to get something done in the nexy 48 hours. So do I. I don't want all this to drag out over the summer. I'm sure other Celtic die-hards want to see the holes get filled ASAP. We cant be sure whats going to happen with Posey but I think it would take some of the edge off if House was signed in the next day or so.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:11:20 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Poseys agent wants to get something done in the nexy 48 hours. So do I. I don't want all this to drag out over the summer. I'm sure other Celtic die-hards want to see the holes get filled ASAP. We cant be sure whats going to happen with Posey but I think it would take some of the edge off if House was signed in the next day or so.

I don't want Danny pulling a Chris Mullins on us. Patience is a virtue. :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Other than Posey, House is the player that I want signed 100% as well. However if I am House, my requirements for signing me would be a no Sam Cassell guarantee. If he is re-signed I look elsewhere.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Other than Posey, House is the player that I want signed 100% as well. However if I am House, my requirements for signing me would be a no Sam Cassell guarantee. If he is re-signed I look elsewhere.

Backup PG = cheapest position to replace ... no need to rush.

Also bringing in Cassell FOR A FULL SEASON is a good idea still, assuming he can play.  Last year was injuries, a massive shooting slump, and possible just joining the team too late.  It is one thing to join the team late when you are a big, the job is much simpler, especially with no post offense responsibilities.  But as a true PG, one who is best working off of isolation plays?  that is probably stuff that needs to be installed in a full camp.

Put simply, Cassell did not put his best foot forward, but he also might not have had a chance to. 

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:01:26 PM »

Offline Truth Hurts

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Poseys agent wants to get something done in the nexy 48 hours. So do I. I don't want all this to drag out over the summer. I'm sure other Celtic die-hards want to see the holes get filled ASAP.  

This is a good point. Danny will proceed with the rest of his off-season plans as soon as he knows about Posey, I'm sure. I'm sure he has a plan A (with Posey) and a plan B (without) ready to unfold.
"Odom drains another 16-footer. It's 24-7, Lakers. They look so possessed on both ends that they've earned at least five sitting ovations from the Lakers' crowd." - Simmons

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I just hope GSW doesn't offer any of our free agents money like they offered Turiaf and Maggette.

Who knows what could happen?

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 03:34:35 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Too early to make a decision on where to find the money to pay house. We need to see what happens with Posey first.

We need to figure out what we are going to do with the MLE. House knows this, as do the lesser free agents who are hoping for $3 million deals.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Backup PG = cheapest position to replace ... no need to rush.

Also bringing in Cassell FOR A FULL SEASON is a good idea still, assuming he can play.  Last year was injuries, a massive shooting slump, and possible just joining the team too late.  It is one thing to join the team late when you are a big, the job is much simpler, especially with no post offense responsibilities.  But as a true PG, one who is best working off of isolation plays?  that is probably stuff that needs to be installed in a full camp.

Put simply, Cassell did not put his best foot forward, but he also might not have had a chance to. 

That's fine and all (Don't agree he is a good option to fill that backup role), but it doesn't address the fact that House got the royal shaft when Sam came in here. I am not sure how your post is a response to what I was saying... I wouldn't consider signing if I were House based on the fact that I had a great productive year and was a big part of the success of the Celtics, and then Sam comes in and plays like garbage but it takes until the end of the playoffs for me to even get a shot at the point. To make it worse, I come in and played at the high level that I did before Sam came and proved I should have stayed in the rotation with Sam getting all the DNP's. I wouldn't trust that the same thing wouldn't happen next year. Only one of them can get minutes with Rondo in there.
If Sam is on the roster I am on a different one, if I were House.