Author Topic: Anybody else have that gut feeling that Posey is as good as gone....  (Read 7644 times)

Offline ToBrien1124

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
*raises hand*

I really hate to say that. I tremendously want to believe that Posey will sign with us, but honestly, its just a matter of time before he goes to either Clevland, N.O, L.A etc.  The thing I hate about it the most is, you can tell the guy wants to be a Celtic, he loves Boston and he loves the fans. He is the perfect 6th man for us and would be for the next year or two.

Don't get my wrong, I love Danny Ainge.. I have since his draft magic with Big Al, Ryan Gomes, Big Baby etc to his big trade for the big ticket.  But, it simply isn't fair to the fans, the city, and even the players on our team to be treating one of our core players like he dosen't even matter. I mean, I appreciate him trying to take charge and not offer to much money. Although, for the role that Pose payed on our championship winning team, the chemistry he adds...you would not be able to find anybody on our team or on the open market that can replace his intangibles. You can't teach leadership folks, or blood, sweat, and tears.  Thats what he gave us each and every night. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning or friday morning, open up the Herald and see that Posey has signed with another team :-[

Danny, we all love you man...but do whats right for the city of Boston, and our beloved C's! Sign the man!!!!

Re: Anybody else have that gut feeling that Posey is as good as gone....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:43:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
We unfortunatley drafted Walker for a reason...I hope it aint true but ive got faith in the kid.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:45:25 PM »

Offline ToBrien1124

• Svi Mykhailiuk
I forgot to add...he needs to be our MAIN PRIORTY! forgot about the Birdman, forget about a back-up PG or bigman. Get Posey back on the team, and then use what we have left in the LLE to fill out our depth.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »

Offline ToBrien1124

• Svi Mykhailiuk
We unfortunatley drafted Walker for a reason...I hope it aint true but ive got faith in the kid.

I also love Walker..but he is nowhere near NBA ready. He isn't even healthy yet. Maybe in two or three years he could step in, but still..he wouldn't fill the role that Posey does each and every night.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
But the Question is Will he? Is he gonna be so stubborn and try to MAGICALLY come up with posey replacement now with CM gone, and Pietrus gone. It ain't gonna happen, just man up and resign him (kiss his ass if you have to "Danny"). He should keep this team intact for another 3-4 years, so we can have more parades.

Go C's

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 09:50:32 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
Ainge is doing the right thing.  You cant give a 31 year old 5 years and the full MLE. Max offer 4 years 19M

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:04:33 PM »

Offline ToBrien1124

• Svi Mykhailiuk
Ainge is doing the right thing.  You cant give a 31 year old 5 years and the full MLE. Max offer 4 years 19M

If their was somebody superior to Posey out there then I agree with you, but I don't see anyone that can measure up.  Plus, do you really think Posey will be that bad when he is 36?  Teams are looking at him as a starter, as a shooting guard for that matter. Yes, that amount of money would be overpaying him but does it really matter when Birdman, and somebody like Tyrone Lue  would be replacing him.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

If their was somebody superior to Posey out there then I agree with you, but I don't see anyone that can measure up.  Plus, do you really think Posey will be that bad when he is 36?  Teams are looking at him as a starter, as a shooting guard for that matter. Yes, that amount of money would be overpaying him but does it really matter when Birdman, and somebody like Tyrone Lue  would be replacing him.

Totally Agree, First TP
congrat!

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 10:20:13 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i don't have a gut feeling, i know posey is gone. if i were him i would too honestly for that kind of extra security and money.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 10:23:41 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I forgot to add...he needs to be our MAIN PRIORTY! forgot about the Birdman, forget about a back-up PG or bigman.

Perk's shoulder.

Enough said.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 10:30:08 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Ainge is doing the right thing.  You cant give a 31 year old 5 years and the full MLE. Max offer 4 years 19M

I think he'll be that bad when he's 36, and I wouldn't want him for a starting shooting guard.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 10:32:17 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.

It's all about economics fellas. It's all about what a 31 year old defensive oriented sf is worth at a certain point in time. The market sets the value. If the celtics or anyone else gives him what HE wants then thats what he's worth. We'll see what his true demand/value is after the smoke clears.  

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Since when is he a "core player." He was singed to a 1 year contract and didn't start. We all want him back, but he is not core.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 10:34:32 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
Are we running out of options with Posey/ his Replacement? Are there any remaining FA that could replace Posey and fill his shoes?

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Ainge is doing the right thing.  You cant give a 31 year old 5 years and the full MLE. Max offer 4 years 19M

I think he'll be that bad when he's 36, and I wouldn't want him for a starting shooting guard.

I agree.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird