Author Topic: Do we have the LLE exception to use this year?  (Read 4732 times)

Do we have the LLE exception to use this year?
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:24:44 PM »

Offline Zoots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Just wondering, do we have the LLE to use this year, and if so, how much would that be.  Anybody know?

Re: Do we have the LLE exception to use this year?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Yes, we do.  See the fine article by Hobbs on the main page for more info on the LLE (this year about $1.9M).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »

Offline Zoots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Thanks, Cman.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
Remember if they use it this year, they cannot use it next year.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:22:22 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I was wondering that too.  Could it be the slot to sign Birdman for a year, which from his point of view would give him a chance to jack up his value for the coming years, sort of like Posey?
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »

Offline Truth Hurts

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
How about a 3 yr/$6 million deal for Eddie House?

"Odom drains another 16-footer. It's 24-7, Lakers. They look so possessed on both ends that they've earned at least five sitting ovations from the Lakers' crowd." - Simmons

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 09:26:12 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

The LLE is limited to two years.  The salary this year is $1.91 million, and next season is $1.99 million.  For House, we can come very close to 3 years, $6 million if we use his non-Bird rights.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 09:28:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

The LLE is limited to two years.  The salary this year is $1.91 million, and next season is $1.99 million.  For House, we can come very close to 3 years, $6 million if we use his non-Bird rights.
I don't see Eddie being offered more than that elsewhere so that should be enough to keep him here in Boston.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 09:32:37 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Yes...although I don't expect them to.  I expect they will offer him the vet minimum, take it or leave it.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 09:37:42 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I expect they will offer him the vet minimum, take it or leave it.

Maybe, but I don't see it.  It's a slap in the face to ask Eddie to take a pay cut.  I don't think they'll give him three years, but if they want him back, I bet they offer at least the $1.5 million he played at this season.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 10:03:27 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'd take the shot in the dark and give it to Shaun Livingston. If things don't work out, they could always sign Smush Parker.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 10:05:04 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I expect they will offer him the vet minimum, take it or leave it.

Maybe, but I don't see it.  It's a slap in the face to ask Eddie to take a pay cut.  I don't think they'll give him three years, but if they want him back, I bet they offer at least the $1.5 million he played at this season.
I agree. I don't see Danny asking him to take a pay cut. Danny won't offer much in the way of a pay rise but I don't expect him to offer Eddie a pay cut.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »

Offline Truth Hurts

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I would really like to see House back. He is a good fit, and has proven that he is a clutch shooter. Every great team has cold-blooded snipers. And I think he gives you a little more than a John Paxson/Steve Kerr type that just camps out behind the arc, waiting for their shot.
"Odom drains another 16-footer. It's 24-7, Lakers. They look so possessed on both ends that they've earned at least five sitting ovations from the Lakers' crowd." - Simmons

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 10:24:15 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I would really like to see House back. He is a good fit, and has proven that he is a clutch shooter. Every great team has cold-blooded snipers. And I think he gives you a little more than a John Paxson/Steve Kerr type that just camps out behind the arc, waiting for their shot.

It might depend a little bit on what happens with Posey.  If the Cs lose out on Posey and sign instead a SF who lacks the outside shot (Quinton Ross? Kirk Snyder?) then it becomes more important to have House and his 3pt shooting around.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15

Agreed.  He brings energy everytime he steps on the court that most great snipers dont bring.  His hustle plays and ability to bring instant offense and instant confidence to a struggling offense was a great boost this year.

While not a great defender, he can be disruptive and his energy is contagous.  Who here remembers him injecting energy into the team and the crowd during crucial playoff games this year earning chants of 'eddie, eddie' from the crowd.  He had an effect on the game that had nothing to do with the great shooting ability he brings.  Thats something extra he brings.