Author Topic: Spurs Sign Roger Mason  (Read 3638 times)

Spurs Sign Roger Mason
« on: July 09, 2008, 08:55:21 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Re: Spurs Sign Roger Mason
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:57:33 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
nice signing by the Spurs --- they always spend their money wisely in the FA on young guys.... they've tended to stay with some of the young guns a litle long for my liking but...

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:18 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Interesting. If this is true, then Posey's alleged suitors are running out of cash. I have a feeling that Posey might run into a similar situation as he was in last year. Boston will be the front runner.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:02:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Not surprising. They tried to sign him to a three year deal last season but he decided to play another year in Washington to try and raise his value.

2 years at 7.5mil is pricey for Roger Mason. George Hill is now relegated to third chair point guard which is alright.

Spurs are desperate for some more help on the wings and in the paint. Not sold on Roger Mason as the correct course to take.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Kinda liked Mason...ah well good for the Spurs, I guess this guarantees Brent Barry goes to the Suns or Rockets now.

Spurs sign my man Roger Mason.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 09:56:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Spurs came to terms with my binky, Roger Mason giving him a 2 year $7.5 million deal.

Well at least I can be consoled by the fact that great minds must think alike if the 4 time champion Spurs front office had him as second in their sites this offseason. [dang] I would have loved to have seen him take Eddie's spot on the roster.

Another one bites the dust.

My wish list was Mason, Posey, Thomas. Gonna have to roll with the punches and go with Posey, Thomas and .............House!!

Re: Spurs sign my man Roger Mason.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 09:59:09 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
[dang]! They got the better version of Eddie.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 10:05:20 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Good signing by the Spurs imo. Gives them help in the back court and gives them a little more youth on their bench.

Nick, you may feel better cause you were pushing for a guy signed by the Spurs but how do you think I feel. I wanted Maggette and GS signed him. I'm questioning my basketball moxie right now.  :)

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 10:07:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Good signing by the Spurs imo. Gives them help in the back court and gives them a little more youth on their bench.

Nick, you may feel better cause you were pushing for a guy signed by the Spurs but how do you think I feel. I wanted Maggette and GS signed him. I'm questioning my basketball moxie right now.  :)
LOL. Very funny, I needed that. :D

Oh and TP4U.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
This probably means that RFAs like JR Smith or Azubuike are not available for the MLE.

I don't think Spurs were interested in Posey. They already have Bowen, what they needed (and still need, IMO) is scoring. Posey is a better fit for teams like Cleveland or New Orleans.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 10:15:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
decent signing...although that is a lot of money for Mason.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 10:23:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Interesting. If this is true, then Posey's alleged suitors are running out of cash. I have a feeling that Posey might run into a similar situation as he was in last year. Boston will be the front runner.

The worries right now are the Cavs, Wizards, Lakers and Hornets.  Of these, I think the Hornets are the most likely as they have the most money to burn -- Cavs and Lakers have a lot in salary already on the books, and without taking care of some of their own FAs (West, Gibson, Turiaf...).  It is hard to see either the Cavs or Lakers taking on Posey without getting rid of some of the dead weight on their books....

The signing that would scare me the most would be Posey to Wizards -- I think that could be a good team next year.
Celtics fan for life.