Author Topic: Bogut gets 5 yr/72.5 million contract  (Read 13819 times)

Re: Bogut gets 5 yr/72.5 million contract
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 02:28:08 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49

Chris Kaman put up his numbers on a 50+win team that came within minutes of the Western Conference Finals. While also playing next to Elton Brand and equally ball happy guards in Sam Cassell and Cuttino Mobley plus Maggette on the wings and Wilcox/Radmanovic.

Andrew Bogut put his numbers on a miserable mid 20's win ball club that had zero inside presence and hardly any scoring options in the frontcourt.

The difference in the contracts between Kaman and Bogut is $20 million over 5 years so $4mil per season.

Just thought I'd point out that Bogut put up his numbers playing next to Mo Williams, Redd, Charlie V, Yi, Bell and Simmons. Not exactly the most unselfish group of players. Don't act like Bogut is getting that many touches per game either.

On the extension itself, I have mixed feelings. I think this could either pan out really well or turn out to be mediocre. It depends on how well the rest of the lineup fits, especially the wing players.

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 02:55:46 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Chris Kaman put up his numbers on a 50+win team that came within minutes of the Western Conference Finals. While also playing next to Elton Brand and equally ball happy guards in Sam Cassell and Cuttino Mobley plus Maggette on the wings and Wilcox/Radmanovic.

Andrew Bogut put his numbers on a miserable mid 20's win ball club that had zero inside presence and hardly any scoring options in the frontcourt.

The difference in the contracts between Kaman and Bogut is $20 million over 5 years so $4mil per season.

Just thought I'd point out that Bogut put up his numbers playing next to Mo Williams, Redd, Charlie V, Yi, Bell and Simmons. Not exactly the most unselfish group of players. Don't act like Bogut is getting that many touches per game either.
Chris Kaman had Sam Cassell, Cuttino Mobley, Corey Maggette who are all ball happy perimeter players. He also had role players like Radmanovic/Wilcox who weren't the most team orientated guys.

It's very comparable in that sense.

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 03:08:16 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
On the extension itself, I have mixed feelings. I think this could either pan out really well or turn out to be mediocre. It depends on how well the rest of the lineup fits, especially the wing players.
The line - "it depends on how well the rest of the lineup fits, especially the wing players". Made me curious.

Are you talking specifically about their impact on Bogut maximizing his potential .... or the Bucks future performance in general?

I was just wondering what concerns you have on RJ and Redd?
Is the backups too or just RJ and Redd?
Or is it just the three small forwards they landed on draft day and you're wondering how that plays out?

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 06:38:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I see nothing wrong with the contract.  He will most definately be worth it if he can stay healthy

Bogut's February numbers 14.5 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.8 bpg, 43% shooting
Bogut's March numbers 15.7 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 3.6 apg, 2.1 bpg, 49% shooting
Bogut's April numbers 17.6 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 bpg, 57% shooting

Bogut had some early season rust and it took the whole Bucks team to realize just how good he could be.  I fully expect Bogut to be a double double man over the life of the extension as well as an excellent shot blocker and passer. 

You could consider that a rusty start... but you could just as easily call that sudden increase of production a contract year.

In the last two months of the 2007-2008 season, the only two Bucks that played like they cared were Andrew Bogut and Ramon Sessions. Bogut played like he cared because he wanted to cash in (which he did), while Sessions was trying to prove that he can play (which he can).
it wasn't a contract year.  his contract next year is the final year of his rookie contract.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip