Author Topic: Ray Allen Trade Idea  (Read 3900 times)

Ray Allen Trade Idea
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:11:55 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
I read in another post that sometime during mid-season that Ray Allen was not happy here with Garnett and Pierce.  Now I never saw that but if it is true and he does want out, what do you think about this?  Ray Allen & Perkins for Okafor & Richardson or maybe Felton.  Okafor at Center alongside Garnett could be deadly.  Now this trade looks a little lopsided but,  with teams going after Okafor his price tag is going to go up and it could be an sign and trade option.  I don't think Jordan will wanna tie up to much money in Okafor when you know he is going to want Melo in 2010.  I would think Allen has a pretty good relationship with MJ to and would like that also,  and will be off the books and prob. signing a smaller contract or retiring,  so they would have a lot of money to spend come 2010.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:59:57 PM by Redz »

Re: Ray Allen trade
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »

Offline DannyAinge

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • "IN AINGE I TRUST"
[Bad] Idea

Never will happen

Edited.  Please pick less disrespectful language next time, please.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 04:14:06 PM by Roy Hobbs »

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
i dont think the problem was a big deal and that ray wants out.
plus its not cool if the celts sent him to the bobcats after he just helped us win a championship.

dont think the they would do this trade anyways. i would probably want to trade ray next yr, but we need him this yr, he was a huge part of our success

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
huh, a trade ray allen thread, never seen one of these before....

i think about it what i think about every other dumb trade ray allen thread that pops up, its moronic to break up a nba chmpaionships core when next year, if you choose to trade ray he'll be worth 10x more a s a bargining chip since his contract expires in the summer of lebron.

also, i'll counter the ridiculos logic this is based on, that somehow theres a rift with ray, by asking who should we trade, rajon or paul, since they both seemed unhappy with each other during the season in several games

(note that the above is said in jest, just to point out the hillarity of people who seize on that one report OUT OF MINN and act like its the gospel. rajon and pauls moments were much more high profile)

lastly, why would the bob cats do this trade again? just to be nice to us? "whats that danny? why sure, even though were a young team who needs to hold onto its youth, we'll take a vetran on a huge contract for 2 years. why not! sounds like a hoot! after all, if we do this theres an outside chance we can get melo! this sounds much better than keeping okafor and richardson! time to gamble baby!"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:36:08 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 02:23:58 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
Ray was also going through a stressful time. I'm sure once things settle down in his life he'll enjoy winning a championship a lot more the second time around.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:26:45 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
"Ray Allen Trade" threads
should be *illegal* at CB.

Just my two cents and no
hard feelings towards you
Texstyles  ;)

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Ray was also going through a stressful time. I'm sure once things settle down in his life he'll enjoy winning a championship a lot more the second time around.

he did enjoy it, the report this centers around was 5 month before the finals. the trade ray threads center on a report out of minnasota around game 25 that he didnt like KG's cussing. it had no legs, and is only used to somehow justify that he has demanded a trade ebhind the scenes and we don't know about it.

it's pure fantasy.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
"Ray Allen Trade" threads
should be *illegal* at CB.

Just my two cents and no
hard feelings towards you
Texstyles  ;)

I agree.  Kinda don't know why I did it.  Just reading that he was not happy mid season shocked me and got me thinking.  The post I read said he was not not happy with Garnetts volgorness and Pierce's off the court antics,  2 things that won't change.  Sorry I threw that out there,  it was this reason and this reason only why I would think of trading any one of the big 3.

Re: Ray Allen Trade Idea
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 03:58:58 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Biggest problem with this trade is the amount of money Okafor wants.   I think it plus Richardson is going to be more then the Celtics want to spend.

Re: Ray Allen Trade Idea
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
What's with all the trade Ray Allen threads?  He may be traded in the last year of his contract, but not now.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson