Author Topic: J.R. Giddens Senior Season UNM Lobo Highlights  (Read 6254 times)

J.R. Giddens Senior Season UNM Lobo Highlights
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:30:07 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b91Td5P57pE

Can't wait to see him in Celtics green.

Re: J.R. Giddens Senior Season UNM Lobo Highlights
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Can't wait to see him in Celtics green.

Nice video, I hope he signs!
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:12:11 PM »

Offline fmf2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
He could have a nice future filling the lane on a Rondo-led ast break.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:14:21 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
nice, thanks for the link.  i am looking forward to seeing what he can do at the next level (hopefully in green).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Great stuff.

I particulary like that he has an affinity for the mid range jumper.  It get said a lot, but it the mid-range J reall is a lost art.  Pierce is at his best when he's incorporating that into his assault.

Stuckey looked awfully good using it in the playoffs against us.  Ol' #35 made a career out of the shot...
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If his defense is NBA ready and he gets after the boards like he did in that video he's definitely going to find minutes. Can't wait to see him in Green. I hope the attitude problems are really a thing of the past for him. That's the only downside there seems to be with him.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 02:04:10 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373
Thanks! TP!

I think people can see from this that Giddens is a scorer, plain and simple.  Not just dunks.  He hits some 3's, some mid-range, creates points off of steals/rebounds, up-fakes, etc..  Very nice video showing all his skills.  It also showed his passing ability on a few occasions.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Great stuff.

I particulary like that he has an affinity for the mid range jumper.  It get said a lot, but it the mid-range J reall is a lost art.  Pierce is at his best when he's incorporating that into his assault.

Stuckey looked awfully good using it in the playoffs against us.  Ol' #35 made a career out of the shot...

Well most of those midrange shots he took were from the foul line area.  He seems to like that shot.  But to be honest even I can make shots from the foul line area pretty easily as well.  He needs to work on his game and be able to push it back maybe two steps beyond the foul line area, and then it will become a dangerous, garnett-like weapon for him.

The positives about Giddens are his athleticism and his defense.  I think Ainge envisions a running team with pesky defenders and Giddens can fill that bill.  I noticed against the Hawks that the Celtics were getting out-athleticized at times if that's even a word.  The C's two draft picks reflect Ainge's strategy of upgrading the athleticism on this team.  I'm hoping both of the young rooks can stick, but the odds are against them, considering how lately they were drafted.  Now if JR can just keep his nose clean... we might have something nice here in a couple of years.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 09:11:54 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Great stuff.

Well most of those midrange shots he took were from the foul line area.  He seems to like that shot.  But to be honest even I can make shots from the foul line area pretty easily as well.  He needs to work on his game and be able to push it back maybe two steps beyond the foul line area, and then it will become a dangerous, garnett-like weapon for him.

The positives about Giddens are his athleticism and his defense.  I think Ainge envisions a running team with pesky defenders and Giddens can fill that bill.  I noticed against the Hawks that the Celtics were getting out-athleticized at times if that's even a word.  The C's two draft picks reflect Ainge's strategy of upgrading the athleticism on this team.  I'm hoping both of the young rooks can stick, but the odds are against them, considering how lately they were drafted.  Now if JR can just keep his nose clean... we might have something nice here in a couple of years.

hmm well jr looks solid.

and about that midrange. it really is a lost art because players now a days figure 3 points is more important than the 2 point and if they're inside the arc, they want layups. that midrange is also kinda difficult of a shot. you mostly have a defender on you and your jump shooting for only 2 points. when allen got traded to us, he seemed to have lost that shot and only shoots 3's now, which is a huge shame.

as for pesky defenders, remember, thats exactly what ainge was as a player.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:52:36 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
LOL, what a B.U.S.T.!!!

Nice scouting report OP, he was really helpful while his time lasted  ::)
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
LOL, what a B.U.S.T.!!!

Nice scouting report OP, he was really helpful while his time lasted  ::)

Wow, if you gotta go back 5 years to dog another poster for their analysis, y'know he's doing something right.

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
His necroposting are getting a bit annoying.

Also, no scouting report was made in the OP.

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
For what it's worth I heard a lot of people advocating giddens with our late second round pick not our late first.  Blame Danny not giddens or other posters
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16