Author Topic: Leapfrog: Where does Philly rank?  (Read 9853 times)

Re: Leapfrog: Where does Philly rank?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 12:14:52 PM »

Offline Zoots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
My picks are just like Gainesville Celtic's, except that I'll guess that Atlanta retains the Joshes, and they are 8th.

We finally see some slippage in Detroit.

Who Danny gets to fill out the roster is really key too.  We could see some slippage right here on the home front without the right roster completion.

It'll surely be tougher, top to bottom in the east this year.

1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Orlando
4. Detroit
5. Philly
6. Toronto
7. Washington
8. Atlanta

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
This new Philly team sounds great on paper for a starting lineup, but that's where it ends...They don't have a threatening bench whatsoever. The biggest complaint on Boston before the season was a lack up bench, and in the end they wound up with House, Cassell, Brown, Posey & co. As of right now, Philly has nothing to brag about. Maybe with the definite signing of Brand other free agents might show up in Sixers uniforms. EIther way, they need a shooting guard, and getting rid of Korver was an awful mistake.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 09:17:14 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This new Philly team sounds great on paper for a starting lineup, but that's where it ends...They don't have a threatening bench whatsoever. The biggest complaint on Boston before the season was a lack up bench, and in the end they wound up with House, Cassell, Brown, Posey & co. As of right now, Philly has nothing to brag about. Maybe with the definite signing of Brand other free agents might show up in Sixers uniforms. EIther way, they need a shooting guard, and getting rid of Korver was an awful mistake.

The Korver trade did give them some cap flexibility which certainly played a role in their ability to get Brand.  They also got a 1st rounder out of it.

I agree with you in regards to the big picture, though, they need a shooter. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
4-seed, 3=seed tops.

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 12:07:24 PM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
They do need a backup wing and Quiton Ross would fill that role for them. Other than that, 6ers are pretty much set. They probably need one more year to mature and play together.

On the Thad Young point, he could absolutely develop into a real star in the league. I was pretty wowed by him last year considering he was the youngest guy in the league. The game seems to come easy to him.